Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
07-09-2010, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Well, report it as a bug, that's what we can do.
I've informed the developers, they said they would put it as a top priority (since it is an exploit that can break the game) in the morning.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-09-2010, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
I've informed the developers, they said they would put it as a top priority (since it is an exploit that can break the game) in the morning.
Nice.

... Or maybe you are just saying that because you are using that exploit and we won't inform them this way.

Mustrum "It's not paranoia if they are really out to get you" Ridcully
[/Humor]
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-09-2010, 06:13 AM
I had no idea that's what was going on. I've been using those two abilities since shortly after 1.2 came down. Half the time I used them together because they are side by side in my macro pallet and I have woefully clumsy fingers. I like the abilities though so maybe I'll have to put them on separate lines to cut back on unwittingly exploiting more.

Speaking of witless, I know people complained a lot about C:SV but that's all I thought it was, people complaining. I had no idea about the numbers being so out of wack but I did drop C:SV2 (never had 3). I understand not wanting to give people information on how to exploit mistakes and bugs in this game but I've never intentionally exploited anything once I found out it was an exploit.

I really don't understand why something as broken as a stun locking ability or incorrect values in a damage modifier (which is seemingly easy to fix) have to wait until some major update to be addressed.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-09-2010, 07:53 AM
I used to use TBR just for avoiding warp core explosion damage but now tractor beam and ramming seems to be the flavor of the week against bop's. I just started a new tactic (for me) of uncloaking inside a corner of a fedball, pop TBR to try and break up the ball then run for the hills. On the way out I'll VM one and get a few shots off. Some of the feds would then be out of heal range and others would turn around and chase me. Thats when the rest of my team can pick them off.

I did this yesterday and one of the feds said in zone chat "Don't do that again" and continued to get upset when I did.

I had just been in a few matches where I was tractored and rammed, something I've seen boasts about recently with the note "BOP's hate that".

Another thing my BOP has come to hate quickly is multiple Galaxy X's uncloak, TB, Lance weapons and maybe a SNB thrown in. That seems to be an "I win button".

Are these tactics OP or an exploit? I've seen a significant change in PVP recently with Feds winning more and by greater margins.

We should whine to the DEV's about nerfing the Feds.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribble_Tracker
I used to use TBR just for avoiding warp core explosion damage but now tractor beam and ramming seems to be the flavor of the week against bop's. I just started a new tactic (for me) of uncloaking inside a corner of a fedball, pop TBR to try and break up the ball then run for the hills. On the way out I'll VM one and get a few shots off. Some of the feds would then be out of heal range and others would turn around and chase me. Thats when the rest of my team can pick them off.

I did this yesterday and one of the feds said in zone chat "Don't do that again" and continued to get upset when I did.
Try leaving one with a Scramble Sensors as well. In a tight knit Fedball this causes some nice havok.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-09-2010, 08:37 AM
I like SS but can't seem to fit it in my current spec. My point is that if I have invested a lot of points and consoles to support TBR2, it also means I've sacrificed elsewhere. I tried to maximize the strength of TBR but it kinda makes me a "one trick pony".
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-09-2010, 09:24 AM
There is another bug with tractor repulsors. They cause full kinetic throught shields. Now i live under the impression that shield mitigate 75% of the kinetic dmg, which is not the case for tractor beam repulsors.

Full Aux TBR III does 1k dmg (probably way more with consoles/dish/science team). If you use sensor scan, its 2k. If you are really fast (see aux to damp + engine battery + evasive action) you push someone before you and hit him every second, thus you could do 20k dmg (-hull resistances)...no wonder BoPs do not like it.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-09-2010, 12:39 PM
I understand the concerns that there might be a bug with how TBR works with other abilities but, I strongly suspect that it's "working as intended" and not a bug. As part of my alpha strike I'm also popping everything I can to bring shields down fast. I'm guessing thats whats leading to increased kinetic impact and, depending on the sequence, abilities initiated towards the end of TBR might just seem to be extended.

I don't have the patience to test it for solid measurements on Tribble.

I've had TBR with all of my toons and would really hate to lose it. It seems that every power or object that hasn't been declared totally useless is subjected to cries for "tweaking" it until it meets that standard. So, go ahead and test it and tweak it to death. I'm hoping there's more support for the old addage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribble_Tracker
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
I don't think the problem is people using TBR the way you seem to be. Heres the problem.

In my BOP I can deloak 3k of your backside... use an AUX bat and do this...
1) CPB... you loose over 4k in shields
2) Shockwave... you are stunned
3) Aux to DAMP
4) TBR
5) Evasive

If I time it right you are now almost 20k for your group.. and havn't been able to do squat about it (Likely bug behaviour) ... have almost or no shields (Likely no cause I was shooting you too lol) depending what ship class you have of course, sci ships may have a sliver of shield left.

At first I thought a few people gave up when I did this to them as they didn't seem to be fighting back. lol
I have discontinued this tactic.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-09-2010, 01:18 PM
I've had a tough time the last few days in my BOP that involved regular tractoor beams in combination with all the buffs you mentioned plus some. I'm held solid, my power trays are all greyed out and I die. Nothing I can do about it. I don't blame the tractor beams but all the powers that lock out ALL possible debuffs.