Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Why are Klingons ignored so much when it comes to STO. Cloaking used to be a major factor for people playing klingon as opposed to fed chars, alot of people play online games for pvp content. the way things are KvF pvp will be a thing of the past.

Unique abilities are a major factor for players playing different factions in any game but this is a thing of the past now. I can't see this game lasting til the end of the year the way things are going, it's not even following start trek principles anymore, seems to be going more the way of ferenghi's chasing latinum.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-03-2010, 07:36 PM
You do realize that Dstahl's specifically addressed this question, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
While I do respect that actions speak louder than words... I hope that you will find Season 2 to be a step in the right direction for the Klingon Faction.

The team has spent a tremendous amount of time on Klingon Costume options, Some kick-ass new episodes, and entire enemy group solely as a nemesis for the Klingons, as well as the fact that you'll be able to play the same Episodes the Feds are getting.

So from where I'm sitting, Klingons are getting more content in this update than the Feds are.

Our plan moving forward after launch was to ensure that new content had equal footing with Feds.

I'll be the first in this forum to talk about it if that ever changes...
As to them getting a cloak, meh, it's not that big a deal.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Cloak for free in fun, sexy, maneuverable ships or cloak for $25 in an ugly freight train? I think the KDF is safe.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-03-2010, 08:14 PM
The main reason i brought this up is because i have noticed a dramatic drop in the number of online KDF players since 1.2 patch

I'm hoping season 2 patch does miracles for KDF side as it has absolutely no incentives at moment.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Personally I play my KDF character much more after 1.2 than during 1.1, and even started a new one. I know much of that is because it is a tactical captain. It was so boring in 1.1 because damage was out of control, especially with APA, and I just rolled over people most of the time. Its better now and thus more fun because people can actually survive my attacks.

Of course I have several level 45s now so I don't hang around on my BG5 for long.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-04-2010, 01:04 AM
With Cryptics announcing more cloaking options for the Federation theg ame can only continue down the hill.
The Fed whine and they get what they want, while Klingons are nerved to death
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-04-2010, 01:55 AM
Well I think thye have been trying to kill the Kingon Faction since lanuch. Did Cryptic not take one look at WAR and think. Hmmm on release a lot of people PvPings on every tier 6 months down the line very little PvP in tiers 1-3 because most people are tier 4.
Lets make a game where leveling is even quicker, give one faction only PvP content then wonder why the faction dies out when there just are not enough tier 1-4 players to contstantly PvP on 6 crappy naff pointless death match style maps.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-04-2010, 03:30 AM
Yes. The Klingon storyline missions are a plan to make the remaining Klingons go away and not appeal to new Klingon players at all. The new Orion outfits are also meant to demotivate players from playing on the Klingon side. How likes Bikinis anyway?
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-04-2010, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Yes. The Klingon storyline missions are a plan to make the remaining Klingons go away and not appeal to new Klingon players at all. The new Orion outfits are also meant to demotivate players from playing on the Klingon side. How likes Bikinis anyway?
You're a very weird person... how can you NOT like bikinis?!

Look at it this way: Star Trek Online is now on a crossroad of it's existence. Either it goes up from here and STO secures itself a nice and cozy spot on the MMO market, or it goes down in which case we'll see STO going Free to Play in a matter of months.

Also don't forget that Cryptic is planning to add more factions. In order to do that without causing even more people to leave the game they need to balance up the existing factions. In this case that means buffing KDF Faction up to the level of the Federation faction. If they fail to do that before releasing the Romulans you can be damn sure that even more people will leave.

STO's sub numbers are picking up a bit again if we can believe various metascores, but this does not mean in any capacity that STO is out of the woods yet. Cryptic needs to prove their good will towards the community of BOTH sides. In order to do that they need to "fix" the existing content and bring it up to an acceptable level. Will Season 2 be a messiah patch that makes everything better? No not even close, but it will show us how far Cryptic will go to fix up the KDF Faction. If they fail to prove their intent then I can already predict that this will go VERY badly for STO... and Cryptic. Don't forget that Cryptic has a lot of money riding on STO and it needs to deliver quick!
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-04-2010, 05:20 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen