Lt. Commander
# 101
03-20-2009, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherp View Post
That's not even what I was talking about. Dear little Annika is going to be impossible to negotiate with on subjects such as bedtime, driving privileges, or whose turn it is to replicate dinner. Every such discussion will invariably end with "Crying is irrelevant," or simply "YOU WILL COMPLY."

Not to mention that such motherly subtleties as tucking Icheb into bed, seeing him off to school, and kissing scrapes to make them better will be completely lost on her. Heck, for scrapes, she'll probably just squirt some nanoprobes at him--problem solved.

In fact, nanoprobes may turn out to be her all-purpose panacea for all of life's ills. Failed a test? Nanoprobes to augment the brain. Beat up at school? Add more nanoprobes. Dumped on his first date? NANOPROBES. Icheb will be 90% metal by weight by the time he graduates from the Academy and will be as emotionally distant as the next galaxy.

Seriously. Annika Hansen is not qualified to be a mother. No way, no how.
No, I got that, I was just adding another con to having Annika as a mom. Though you seem to forget that Icheb is already a teenager, almost full grown by now. I really hope she's not supposed to tuck him or kiss scrapes to make them better lol.
I was just saying that if Icheb makes any male adolescent friends at the academy, their hormones won't let him hear the end of their misguided fantasies about his mom, which can be quite awkward.

Of course, then the person right after me had to prove my point by not even reading the intent of my post and drool all over a fictional character like a dog in heat
Lt. Commander
# 102
03-20-2009, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenblade View Post
No, I got that, I was just adding another con to having Annika as a mom. Though you seem to forget that Icheb is already a teenager, almost full grown by now. I really hope she's not supposed to tuck him or kiss scrapes to make them better lol.
I was just saying that if Icheb makes any male adolescent friends at the academy, their hormones won't let him hear the end of their misguided fantasies about his mom, which can be quite awkward.

Of course, then the person right after me had to prove my point by not even reading the intent of my post and drool all over a fictional character like a dog in heat
Are you saying that raising a teenager is easier than raising a ten-year-old? :p I think the parents of the world would contest that idea.

Just teasing. I see your point.

Hee hee hee...
"It is time for you to regenerate."
"Mother, I have not yet finished my--"
shhik *nanotubules come out* "COMPLY."
Lt. Commander
# 103
03-20-2009, 02:15 AM
Great addition to the story of 2385! Thanks!

Since they're on some of the first released screenshots it's likely we will encounter the Borg again.
In my opinion the crucial point about the Borg is to make them really dangerous again. That is why I think it's necessary to have "new" Borg in 2409 which have evolved in some way and are coming back with new strenght, new abilities to be a real threat.

Weak Borg are boring, I want to fear them!
Lt. Commander
# 104
03-20-2009, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenblade View Post
Sheesh, try not to be so positive

It's Lotusfleet what do you expect?

Anywho I thought it was excellent they got the Character of Seven dead on, and it was a very Trekish setting. Keep up the awesomeness Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 105
03-20-2009, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusTyrel View Post
I lov how lots of people are like "OMG! 7 is so hot cant wait to meet her in game !"

Need I remind everyone that if we do find her in game she would be in her late 50's or early 60's

But aside from that this was a great rea , hopefully more of the same will follow...

If you keep up with the Trek universe you would know that Sixty is considered the beginning of Middle age; diametrically Middle Age today is considered be forty Five (acording to U.S. Administration on Aging) up five years from forty in 1982...now I don't know about you but I think there are some smoking Forty year olds out there.

Just saying
Lt. Commander
# 106
03-20-2009, 05:34 AM
The Borg is like the common cold...
There is no cure, just a treatment...
Persistence is anything but futile.
Lt. Commander
# 107
03-20-2009, 06:40 AM
interesting read, may bring about some good anti-Borg messures for all our ships
Lt. Commander
# 108
03-20-2009, 09:07 AM
I think this storyline sets up for a series of missions in game. Helping out the Daystrom Institute acquiring rare parts and pieces of borg technology to help further research, as well as, like Annika states, when, not if, they show up in the Alpha Quadrant again.

I am soooo looking forward to it.
Lt. Commander
# 109
03-20-2009, 12:16 PM
Interesting update, but uncertain how globally significant it is.
Lt. Commander
# 110
03-20-2009, 01:36 PM
The borg are dreadful and have no fashion sense whatsoever. The borg need an extreme makeover, which I shall provide with my ship's weapons system. Seven of nine is too pedantic to serve aboard my ship tho and I dont like crewmember who question my orders. Keep up the good work.

Tem