Lt. Commander
Like other enlightened folk here, I find myself concerned at Starfleet's ridiculous move to disband the task force... but I am not at all surprised. It ties in tragically with Starfleet's decision to 'refocus' away from warship-construction back to science vessels and whatnot. While I applaud the Sciences, only through vigilance and preparation will the Alpha Quadrant powers make a stand against the Borg when they move against us once more. The Federation deciding to effectively dismantle its' threat response forces so it can be the 'kinder, gentler' Starfleet will do little good when Borg cubes are overruning the borders or opening transwarp conduits in major Federation systems!

No doubt it will be up to others to stand while the Federation Council members run about like hlai with their heads cut off, throwing together ad-hoc suicide fleets! *shakes head*

[/RP]

A good read, and definitely a cool addition to the storyline! I've been wondering what Picard and Janeway think about this move - hopefully we'll hear more from them on this, since they both have had a lot of involvement with the Borg, and understand the threat they represent!
Lt. Commander
# 72
03-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Do you think Section 31 is ignoring the Borg?
Lt. Commander
# 73 Jake is that you?
03-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awen
Actually, Alivet wrote this. She's fantastically talented and you will see more of this from her.
I was kind of hoping it was Jake Sisko performing these interviews. I always wondered what happened to him and the rest of DS9. To me it would make sense that being a war journalist/reporter he would be looking for good stories. I bet the role of a space reporter would be pretty neat.
Lt. Commander
# 74
03-19-2009, 01:16 PM
I think as far as disbanding the task force goes they could just be looking at it as a waste of resources to prepare for the last war when there are two more tangible threats on the horizon. Iím not saying itís a decision I would agree with but seven years of aiming a rifle at the empty space where an enemy used to be would realistically wear down a lot of peoples resolve; especially when two of your closest very well armed and unstable neighbors have started giving you and each other the evil eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekid View Post
Do you think Section 31 is ignoring the Borg?
Section 31 is largely focused on covert ops and espionage and since the Borg pretty much tell you everything theyíre doing whether or not you even ask them they might not even be very useful.
Lt. Commander
# 75
03-19-2009, 01:43 PM
This was very well done. An in-universe interview I could see glueing many Federation citizens to their holovids (I always found if funny that they imply there is no TV in the future - um, don't you have TV to thank for your show being on?). In addition, as someone who despises 36 of D...er...7 of 9, this is the coolest display of her character I've ever seen/read. I'm glad there were no images so that we can get just her attitude and mind set. Very impressive.

Hope there is more like this to come. Oh, and I like the idea suggested by Ensign.Ricky that some of these should be down by Jake Sisko. Good thinking!

AD
Barking Alien
http://barkingalien.blogspot.com
Lt. Commander
# 76
03-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign.Ricky View Post
I was kind of hoping it was Jake Sisko performing these interviews. I always wondered what happened to him and the rest of DS9. To me it would make sense that being a war journalist/reporter he would be looking for good stories. I bet the role of a space reporter would be pretty neat.
That is a very wonderful point and I never even thought of some of these "smaller" characters from the shows appearing in the game even, or at least the backstory. I think it would be a great deal of fun to interact with the likes of Jake Sisko or even the Doctor. Not sure if this will happen at all, but would still be alot of fun.
Lt. Commander
# 77
03-19-2009, 02:10 PM
Good read. Informative for trekkies and non-trekkies alike. Looking forward to more
Lt. Commander
# 78 Voyager!!!!
03-19-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm so happy that you're including Voyager into STO... at least you are right? Cause you speak of 7 of 9 which is necessary. I just hope you include everybody else from the Star Trek Voyager crew; like Harry, Chakotay, ADMIRAL Janeway, Tuvok, Torres, Paris. You should definitely use the Voyager crew... what do you peoples think??
Lt. Commander
# 79
03-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fablis310 View Post
With her ex-Borg status is it possible that she wouldn't age quite the same way as others? Pure speculation but I don't remember if they ever addressed how old she currently is.
I'm pretty sure it was said near the beginning of her arrival that she was about 20... and near the end (season 6) she didn't age much.
Lt. Commander
# 80
03-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STO View Post
agreed... um many pictures of 7..... please
you desperate person.... :head shake no: