Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 81
03-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirksOtherSon View Post
Thank you for this.

As others have said, this `supplemental' approach not only gives us something to enjoy while waiting between official timeline "Path To ..." updates, but the supplemental information has a different focus to it; it can focus in on details which aren't necessarily crucial to the larger context of the game.

Well done, and the characterization of Ms. Hansen read as spot-on to me. If only the Voyager writers had consistently treated the character so well.

<snip>


In any case, thanks again all. Much appreciated.

KOS
I agree.

Even though this was Federation based, this Gorn did enjoy the read, then again 7of9/Anika is more intellectual than the typical Starfleet Officer. While Starfleet grows secure in their laziness, the Gorns agree with Anika about the Borg threat.

I do like the 'supplemental approach', and for the general reasons stated above -- nice snacks between Path Articles, as well as providing a More focused look at specific events, which cannot really be fleshed out in the Path Articles.

As always, I do hope to that such suppliments are not always so Fed Centric. Would be nice to see some information from the Klingon side -- and for me personally, I would prefer it coming from an Orion reporter, than a Klingon reporter. Orions seem to have a better flair for words in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 82
03-19-2009, 02:31 PM
I very much enjoyed this suppliment, best writing from cryptic so far
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 83
03-19-2009, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fablis310 View Post
With her ex-Borg status is it possible that she wouldn't age quite the same way as others? Pure speculation but I don't remember if they ever addressed how old she currently is.
I am not a Trekie, so I don't know if the has ever been mention about Borg Drones and aging.

However, given the status of Drones, I would not expect to see any 'slowing down' of the aging process, simply because there would be no direct benefit to the Collective. Drones = disposable, so the collective would not be looking into ways to extend their life cycle -- in fact, I would would not be surprised to see that the added stress of assimilation, accelerates the aging process. What one drone knows, all drones know, so there is little value in keeping one drone alive for longer than normal, when a 'new drone' would immediately replace it.

I can understand the desire to keep her 'youthful', but I would say that is driven more from an attraction standpoint, rather than a practical canon standpoint --- people would not care so much if 7of9 was an unattractive female Drone, for example.

I would prefer to see her at a more mature age, where she is less a 'sex symbol', and more an intellectual figurehead in he scientific community.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 84
03-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie
Wait, how would studying the technological applications of any powerful piece of equipment be “short term”?
Maybe more in the line of short term gains. Given the timeframe of the device in question, and the Fed's holier than thou approach to timetravel (and yet being the beneficiary on several occasions) it's a fair assessment.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 85
03-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gul_Marritza View Post
You claim that it doesn't make sense...However the U.S. government/military has done this same activity throughout our history. When they see an adversary hurt, they change their focus to another possible adversary and keep looking away until the first one somehow returns to power and then the government and military are in a rush to re-organize. Governments do this even if the Analsyts say different. Does it make sense? No, but it is done.
The US government has bases around the world organized and prepared for the regional enemies where they are located. The US government has task forces designed and implemented for specific problems, has for a long time. The US government doesn't just shut any of these down for no reason. You should recheck your history and the status of the US goverment around the world. Aside from that, the US government has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 86
03-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakotay1234
I'm so happy that you're including Voyager into STO... at least you are right? Cause you speak of 7 of 9 which is necessary. I just hope you include everybody else from the Star Trek Voyager crew; like Harry, Chakotay, ADMIRAL Janeway, Tuvok, Torres, Paris. You should definitely use the Voyager crew... what do you peoples think??
While some of the crew may still be in Starfleet, I'd rather have STO be more about us than them. Don't you want to be a legend? This is your chance. Remember this is years after that show's timeline, so the ship itself could even be gone, the crew split off to multiple other ships, or even gone from Starfleet. Or dead.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 87 Nice update
03-19-2009, 05:19 PM
and Colour Blind test

I love blue.. but it represents a contrast prob for me.. I easily highlighted it with a mouse drag... and continued a good read..
The Continuing EMH struggles will have me looking at the Habeas Corpus Brief again..
Daystrom Institute wisely keeping the Borg vigilance and not hiring w Crusher to play with nanos priceless.

Tnx


Awen Fan Club Member
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 88
03-19-2009, 05:34 PM
That Seven always a great conversationalist.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 89
03-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie
I think as far as disbanding the task force goes they could just be looking at it as a waste of resources to prepare for the last war when there are two more tangible threats on the horizon. I’m not saying it’s a decision I would agree with but seven years of aiming a rifle at the empty space where an enemy used to be would realistically wear down a lot of peoples resolve; especially when two of your closest very well armed and unstable neighbors have started giving you and each other the evil eye.



Section 31 is largely focused on covert ops and espionage and since the Borg pretty much tell you everything they’re doing whether or not you even ask them they might not even be very useful.
Agreed. I think people are confusing what we know with what Starfleet knows. We already know the Borg are coming back, thanks to a trailer featuring them and a pointed interview with Annika Hansen foreshadowing their return. However, Starfleet is clearly not listening to her point of view, and they believe the Borg to be defeated or at least severely hindered in their combat capacity. As such, they see it a waste to have a force dedicated to defending against a believed (relatively) harmless enemy. Since the transwarp hub was destroyed, Starfleet believes (erroneously, of course) that even should the Borg rebuild their military capacity, they would be limited in their ability to get that force here as fast as they usually could, being limited to standard modes of transportation.

I'm not defending Starfleet's decision. Everyone can see it's wrong, and not intelligent in the slightest, but at least understandable, if you're willing to see it from an in-universe perspective.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 90 questions
03-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Ok, first I havnt read all forum post.
apparently the game wont follow any continuity with the books because with the destiny triliogy the borg were ....changed to a race that will help people instead of assimilating them. (if you havnt read it do so )all traces of borg implants disapperead from seven at the end of the series.

now it is not impossible for the original borg to return in some way ...this is star trek after all
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:21 AM.