Lt. Commander
# 11
07-09-2010, 05:27 AM
Maintenance is complete.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-09-2010, 05:28 AM
I wish they would find a different time to perform maintenance on the servers... the 3am maintenance translates to 8pm here in Australia. It's usually by that time, after work/dinner etc., that I (and my mates) get to play the game, but are denied on a regular basis due to server maintenance.

At the very least they could perform the maintenance at different times so that it is not the same group of people that are affected by these outages all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-09-2010, 05:37 AM
agreed! Where I am it's the middle of the day at the weekend and so my day off... grrr...
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-09-2010, 07:12 AM
From someone who works Four day on and off 12 hours I dont really care what time they do Maintenance because I always have my X-box 360 and Maintenance is needed if there wasnt any, Star Trek Online would be full of so many bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-09-2010, 07:30 AM
its 12:00 for me but sometimes they must do it
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-09-2010, 08:05 AM
I'm sure that their maintenance times are not going to be ideal for everyone, but they're scheduled to avoid affecting the most people. If they were to start shifting their times around, eventually they would be affecting a large portion of their player base, which I'm sure they'd like to avoid.
Lt. Commander
# 17 This is just silly
07-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TavisMacRaith View Post
Well, I'm hoping they fix a new bug on Holodeck that just came up since I started playing on Tribble for the first time earlier today; there's chat from a chat channel that keeps showing even when I turn ALL chat channels to off. I think it's the new Tribble Help channel. If it's still doing it after this maintenance, I'll be writing a bug ticket about it.
They finally get a mechanism working to allow beta testers to communicate problems openly to resolve technical problems, and because you want to be an "antisocial" type person, you want to waste everyones time with a petty issue. It must be wonderful to live in a world where your biggest problem is that you have to watch other people communicate.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by primalspark View Post
I wish they would find a different time to perform maintenance on the servers... the 3am maintenance translates to 8pm here in Australia. It's usually by that time, after work/dinner etc., that I (and my mates) get to play the game, but are denied on a regular basis due to server maintenance.

At the very least they could perform the maintenance at different times so that it is not the same group of people that are affected by these outages all the time.
Sorry but rotating maintenance at different times causes unnecessary risk, complicates employees and vendors work schedules, and lengthens the maintenance window. Longer maintenance windows would be less playing time for everyone. Furthermore this would cost Cryptic more money with very little return on their investment compared to the current fixed maintenance window. Consequently Cryptic would be better off investing the money into other areas that provide a greater return.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Okay, now my launcher can't connect to the login server or authenticate...

EDIT: n/m, I figured it out.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-14-2010, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort-Nitron
Sorry but rotating maintenance at different times causes unnecessary risk, complicates employees and vendors work schedules, and lengthens the maintenance window. Longer maintenance windows would be less playing time for everyone. Furthermore this would cost Cryptic more money with very little return on their investment compared to the current fixed maintenance window. Consequently Cryptic would be better off investing the money into other areas that provide a greater return.
So, basically, what you (and others) are saying is put up and shut up?

Well, that is a flawed theory because whilst they concentrate on the "greater" number of players, they cause other players to become disgruntled and annoyed that their play time is ALWAYS affected. I understand Cryptic can't accomodate everyone's needs, however they have to realise what affect fixed maintenance times are having on players whose prime gaming time is within these maintenance windows.

All I'm suggesting is that they consider performing the odd maintenance schedule or two at a time that does not consistently affect the same players within that time frame.