Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Thatís right folks the Kerret System where we all complete our daily Into the Fray is a PVP zone. This means that both the Federation and Klingons can attack each other OR complete the objectives if they wish, They may also attacked the players who get bugged and placed on a different faction e.g. Fed glitches and becomes target able by other feds because he becomes a Klingon so to speak.

Today I was completely my daily Into the Fray and because of the extremely buggy nature of this instance I decided hell I'm not going to waste my time killing a probe stuck inside an object who can still shoot me.. I will just kill some Klingons! Of course this is not the easiest or fastest way to complete this but itís the funniest. So I decided to attack the afk Klingons at their spawn waiting for someone to finish it, not very satisfying so I attacked a bugged Fed who was trying to scan the nodes. Anyway after attacking him and various other players I had completed my daily and decided to move on to B'tran (joy). However before I could leave I received a slew of insults from this one fed who I killed many a times.

The point of this long winded wall of text is that while in this instance you may be targeted by someone because ITíS A PVP ZONE. So either leave and come back when they are gone or deal with it and stay mature without resorting to pathetic childish insults, Because really private messaging someone mum insults such as "I did your mum last night harder than the ridges on my Klingon" is so cool.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Yes, but....
07-09-2010, 02:02 AM
While i agree on the PVP zone part with you the killing actually doesn't help you completing the mission. esp. when you are alone. The mission is completed by whatever faction manages to accomplish the mission objectives first. If you have friendly players who do the mission for you, ok you can hinder the enemies faction in their progress.
However keep in mind, PvP kills (as well as PvE for that matter) don't count towards the score board. So if you are just killing enemy players or Borgs you're wasting time.

It's much more effective (and quicker) to try to complete as many objectives yourself to get the top score and get a nice and shiny RARE item, second place still gets an UNCOMMON

Don't get me wrong, if I see an enemy I shoot him, but first I get the mission objective he is trying to get, while he is fightin off the Borg

As a Klingong I have completed this mission numerous times solo against Feds who still don't have a clue how this mission works
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-09-2010, 02:13 AM
I don't like the spawn gank-fest or spawn camping, and I prefer to complete the mission (I like the color blue on my items). But I don't like people whining about getting under attack in a PvP zone either. It's a risk you have to deal with here, understand that or head back to B'Tran or wherever else people can't hurt you.

There are days where I enjoy the Ker'rat duels and there are days I would rather just scan and shoot nodes. If I am getting annoyed, no reason to start crying and insulting in chat, I can just leave.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-09-2010, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaw
While i agree on the PVP zone part with you the killing actually doesn't help you completing the mission. esp. when you are alone. The mission is completed by whatever faction manages to accomplish the mission objectives first. If you have friendly players who do the mission for you, ok you can hinder the enemies faction in their progress.
However keep in mind, PvP kills (as well as PvE for that matter) don't count towards the score board. So if you are just killing enemy players or Borgs you're wasting time.

It's much more effective (and quicker) to try to complete as many objectives yourself to get the top score and get a nice and shiny RARE item, second place still gets an UNCOMMON

Don't get me wrong, if I see an enemy I shoot him, but first I get the mission objective he is trying to get, while he is fightin off the Borg

As a Klingong I have completed this mission numerous times solo against Feds who still don't have a clue how this mission works
This wasn't about how to complete the mission correct. In my original post I said killing everyone is not always the fastest way to complete but its the most enjoyable if its just me I obviously have to complete it myself don't I?
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Another example why Marks of Honor is hurting PvP. People are there for the marks, not PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-10-2010, 05:16 PM
We need more to do... a variety of pvp maps. A open PvP zone. Something to keep us occupied. PvP wise that is.

I find myself making it a mission to keep the mission from completing. lol
Having a fed call in a handful of his fleet buddies to help remove the Klink annoyance in Kerat... can be more fun that flying around capping points in a C&H for no reason at all.
No Marks today. War instead.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-11-2010, 10:03 AM
This plays into my Hate of Captains backstabbing an engaged ship.

I often wait to prey on these individuals.

(Did I mention I hate backstabbers?)

I tend to drag them into the Borg "matrix" when they try to do this to me, you would be surprised how often they loose sight of their environment so Evegaged they are into griefing someone.

The pylon probes are an awesome environmental hazard for just such an occasion.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
This plays into my Hate of Captains backstabbing an engaged ship.

I often wait to prey on these individuals.

(Did I mention I hate backstabbers?)

I tend to drag them into the Borg "matrix" when they try to do this to me, you would be surprised how often they loose sight of their environment so Evegaged they are into griefing someone.

The pylon probes are an awesome environmental hazard for just such an occasion.
The enviro hazards are indeed very fun. When the farmers switch teams I like to pop cubes they get too close too. Its about the only way to still get em. lol
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-11-2010, 10:10 AM
I hadn't thought of that!

That would help me damage the infihealers as well!

Define "farmers" please. (I'm learning these acronyms)
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaw

Maybe not everyone is there to get useless junk, and actually likes griefing? To be honest this warzone is just bad design it takes no to fly in the area that the "arena uses", respawning on top of eachother bugged mobs and no real rewards for actually compleating the mission at #1 spot if you arn't a EC farmer.