Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
07-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
I hadn't thought of that!

That would help me damage the infihealers as well!

Define "farmers" please. (I'm learning these acronyms)
Farmer would refer to people in a MMO who "mine" the same mission or area for gold or currency... or items they can turn into currency. So that they can sell said currency for real money.

I won't accuse anyone of such behaviour... however I think we all know who they are.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-11-2010, 10:54 AM
That's pretty lame!

I get enough stuff already just doing dailys.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-Boy
This wasn't about how to complete the mission correct. In my original post I said killing everyone is not always the fastest way to complete but its the most enjoyable if its just me I obviously have to complete it myself don't I?
But you see it's an open PVP zone, killing feds or klinks is part of the design of this map. PVP happens, if many of us had it our way open PVP woud happen everywhere, klinks could fly into fed space and engage feds and vise versa, and we could have massive battles where the klinks try to take earth spacedock and we try to take Quo'nos.

As to getting shinny Blue and green items, to do what with, equip all my other ships that are decked out in purples or put them on the exchange so no-body will buy them because the purples are easier to get and better?
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Quote:
But you see it's an open PVP zone, killing feds or klinks is part of the design of this map. PVP happens, if many of us had it our way open PVP woud happen everywhere, klinks could fly into fed space and engage feds and vise versa, and we could have massive battles where the klinks try to take earth spacedock and we try to take Quo'nos.

As to getting shinny Blue and green items, to do what with, equip all my other ships that are decked out in purples or put them on the exchange so no-body will buy them because the purples are easier to get and better?
People don't become rear admiral and automatially have all purple gear.

Trust me, you can sell blues and greens. Even I occassionally bought stuff like that, simply because I didn't want to grind 10 B'Tran Explores or PvP Dailies to get my hand on a better deflector array. I want to test my build now, not in 2 weeks.

It's not like there is a big benefit to hoarding credits. The interest rate is 0 %.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-11-2010, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
People don't become rear admiral and automatially have all purple gear.

Trust me, you can sell blues and greens. Even I occassionally bought stuff like that, simply because I didn't want to grind 10 B'Tran Explores or PvP Dailies to get my hand on a better deflector array. I want to test my build now, not in 2 weeks.

It's not like there is a big benefit to hoarding credits. The interest rate is 0 %.
Your more likely to get purple items farming elite level B'trans than doing the dailies... If you want to make money off of selling items on the exchange, your not doing it a very efficient way, one hour should net you a purple item that will rake in 3mil at least and quite a few blues and greens, much better than sitting in a FA for one hour for a green or blue.

Also you don't need Mk X or even MK IX level stuff to be competitive at RA 5 level I was in MK VIII whites until I got my pruple stuff on my alt and there hasn't been much of a difference.

Still what does this have to do with the topic?
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-12-2010, 03:39 AM
I believe he was speaking in reference to previous posts about why people want to play the zone "correctly" to farm and complete the mission.

Quote:
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Another example why Marks of Honor is hurting PvP. People are there for the marks, not PvP.
Its the total game, PvP, PvE, Memory Alpha ect. ect. Do some PvP and get your marks, move on to the next item on the list. When they add some more content to PvP, then the Klingons will dust off their BoPs and come back out and do battle, maybe even some timid Fed PvEers will grow a set, and come out test their Capt skills against a "live" enemy.

I do a little of everything, make sure I get my PvP in so I don't get rusty and hope somewhere down the road The Devs do a patch thats a PvP related upgrade.

just my 2 credits worth