Lt. Commander
# 1 Cryptic put my mind at ease
07-09-2010, 01:49 AM
Tell me you arenít planning on released x3 ship refits for the federation at level 51 without doing the same for the klingons. Say thatís not the case and I wonít utter another word on the subject. Tell me you arenít just fobbing us off with a flying house you call a carrier and expect us to run with that.

I understand that season 2 will be spread out, but if you think itís a good idea releasing x3 level 51 ships for the feds before the klingons get the same, think again.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-09-2010, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Duck
Tell me you arenít planning on released x3 ship refits for the federation at level 51 without doing the same for the klingons. Say thatís not the case and I wonít utter another word on the subject. Tell me you arenít just fobbing us off with a flying house you call a carrier and expect us to run with that.

I understand that season 2 will be spread out, but if you think itís a good idea releasing x3 level 51 ships for the feds before the klingons get the same, think again.
Level 51 ships ARE NOT AVAILABLE at the moment.

Sorry for shouting but the patch notes cover this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-09-2010, 01:55 AM
Klingons are getting a new ship type, the Fek'ihri.

Theres a thread floating about with some notes on the upcoming patch froma dev, its in there
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-09-2010, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typheron View Post

Theres a thread floating about with some notes on the upcoming patch froma dev, its in there
Thats what the OP meant with "a flying house you call a carrier ".

And yes - he is damn right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Yeah at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-09-2010, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typheron View Post

Yes its a carrier as I stated above. So far all I see is a carrier for the Klingons...
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-09-2010, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor

Sorry for shouting but the patch notes cover this.
That wasn't my point. They listed 4 ships to be released 3 of them are federation.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-09-2010, 02:42 AM
Assuming the Klingons really only get one new ship at higher levels, I am afraid this might result in somewhat odd combinations in PvP.
Imagine: 3 Galaxies (refit), 2 Intrepids (refit), 3 Defiants (refit) vs 8 Carriers...HMPF.
A refit Vor'cha for that lvl would be nice indeed.
If there is to be some kind of "special function " like it has been said before I'd suggest the heavy forward
disruptor cannon the Vor'cha has been shown to have on several occasions throughout TNG and DS9.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__..._disruptor.jpg
It could be the Klingon version of the Galaxy-X phaser, only on a lvl 51 ship, not a level 41 ship.
This way it could keep its agility from the previous version.
How about that?
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-09-2010, 03:03 AM
I want a B'rel refit with wings that fold up and down
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-09-2010, 03:33 AM
lol does it really matter? The klingswill still make your xxx the size of the holland tunnel. Especially the premade group that runs around. Its brutal. We need to start doing the same, just not seeing the same cohesion ion fed side/
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-09-2010, 04:56 AM
Since there is the possiblity that the new refited ships are actually not level 51, but 41 like the Sovereign, Negh'var etc. like originally stated:
Is it possible that the new carrier is simply a different carrier like the Star Cruiser is a cruiser that is different from the Assault cruiser?
In that case the Feds would have three new toys, but the Klingons get one new toy in addition to the old toys already available to them at tier 5.
In that case I'd like to modify my original request for a refitted Vor'cha:
Thake the T4 Vor'cha with all the good and the bad of that class (decent agility, weak hull) and upgrade it in a manner smilar to the Gal-X (with a forward heavy disruptor and with no need to modify the ship model itself).
That would mean that compared to the Negh'var it would still have on less customuzalbe weapon-slot, but it would have essentially a 5-3 arrangement.
This should not bother Klingons since their ships are quite maneuverable and rather "forward oriented"