Lt. Commander
# 11
07-09-2010, 05:25 AM
just so everyone reading this thread is fully aware of what Cryptic intends for these refits

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=166666
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-09-2010, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Duck
just so everyone reading this thread is fully aware of what Cryptic intends for these refits

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=166666
Doesn't really seem that they are Tier 5.5 or Tier 6 but Tier 4 with funny additions.
I'd say the sacrifice of an ensign slot to upgrade one of the LtC slots to Comm and the weaknesses
they've been given don't actually make them any stronger, just a little odd.
And of course now there are two types of Starfleet ships with cloak, but that was entirely predictable.

Something I'd really like to see on the Klingon side now that the T5 Defiant is confirmed to have a cloak would be some kind of battlescout that takes the place the Raptor should have had, since from where it came ("Enterprise") it was not some kind of destroyer but a scoutship.
I am talking about a ship that can do some scouting Klingon-style.
With one Commander level Tactical and one Commander level Science BO slot and built-in Tachyon-scan from Federation science vessels.
I think this would be fair since until recently the Klingons were the only ones that could cloak so there was no need for them to have cloak-detection while the Federation had every reason to have it.
Now the Federation is using cloaks so the Klingons should have a ship with cloak-detection as well.
Since the BoP does not have that capability but is instead incredibly versatile: how about a ship with fixed
BO-slots that has some Tachyon-detection?
As a "weakness" it could be limited to anti-cloak only when it is not cloaked itself and of course limited in terms of weaponry.
Either it should have fewer weapon slots than the T5 BoP or limited to lower-tier cannon weaponry, like the Klingon Cruisers where limited on launch to cannons of the previous Tier.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-09-2010, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Doesn't really seem that they are Tier 5.5 or Tier 6 but Tier 4 with funny additions.
I'd say the sacrifice of an ensign slot to upgrade one of the LtC slots to Comm and the weaknesses
they've been given don't actually make them any stronger, just a little odd.
And of course now there are two types of Starfleet ships with cloak, but that was entirely predictable.
Valid point

but I feel a cloaked defiant that can bring x2 commander abilities to the game is going to be formidable.
In fact any ship that bring x2 cmdr abilities is going to rock! So i really am hoping cryptic is going to shower us Klingons with the same love or there will be pitchforks at the gate mark my words
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-09-2010, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Duck
Valid point

So i really am hoping cryptic is going to shower us Klingons with the same love or there will be pitchforks at the gate mark my words
Come on down to Roach's pitchfork, torch and teeth emporium.
WE have the best in pointy farm tools, the finest torches and have you been wanting to gnash your teeth over something in the forums? We now can provide teeth!!
SO come on down.....................
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-09-2010, 08:35 AM
More QQ'ing that "Feds get shinies and Klingons get lumps of coal"?!

Don't you PvPers just play the game to have fun, relax, and enjoy the scenery?!

(*shakes head wearily*)
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand_Altair
More QQ'ing that "Feds get shinies and Klingons get lumps of coal"?!

(*shakes head wearily*)
Nothing constructive to bring to the table little one?

Then don't bother
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand_Altair

I do play for the fun and relaxation, but it does get old being told one thing and getting less than one had hoped or been promised.

If the Dev's want to keep the "ship" fanatics happy on the Klingons side of things, then its time for them to start releasing some special, klingon only, top-secret, R&D vessels for the faction. Some really nifty war machines that we have never see before.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-09-2010, 10:01 AM
While I don't agree with the whining, I think it's time for Gorn, Orion and Nausicaan ships for the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
I want a B'rel refit with wings that fold up and down
Hey, if the programmers did these with any of the BoP classes, I'd reconsider switching to a cruiser for my Gorn character.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-09-2010, 12:19 PM
I don't think asking for a refit would be too much for the klingons.

I mean its a matter of copy/paste a ship and change a few numbers. If that is more than a couple hour job then they need to work on their back end.

Edit: My pick is for the Vor'cha, its what I think of when I think klingon.