Lt. Commander
# 1 red alert siren
07-09-2010, 06:13 AM
i always thought that something was missing but i couldnt point at it until today...i was playing bridge commander while the server was down and i noticed later that there is no red alert sound when you enter combat!

so here is a request to the devs:

please oh pretty please!next time you patch the game add a red alert siren to be heard whenever entering combat in space and make play for around 5 seconds just to make it "feel" better!

it would be awesome if you could have picards voice or someones to actually say red alert!

i think that will add a lot more feeling to battles!

also another thing:it would be really awesome if there was some kind of battle chatter from the ship.like officers say that they're sealing decks or reports from engineering about the warp core and stuff.

that will give to the game a more original feeling like all the other ST games out there!

please devs take this under serious considaration!i know people will love this kind of sound effects in the game!

thanks!

P.S.if anyone would like what i discribed just say so that the devs can have an idea of how much people would love these sounds!
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-09-2010, 08:07 AM
ya please, I would totally love it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Until then.... Hit the "Brace for Impact" button as soon as you think proper. Sets off the same siren.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-10-2010, 04:35 PM
That would be pretty cool, yes hitting the "Brace For Impact" does set of the alarm but only for a few seconds. Have it go off for like maybe a minute as you enter combat would be nice. Or even the "newer" alarm we heard in Nemsis. Chatter during combat would be awesome. Hearing the bridge officers sounding off reports of either damage and statuses would be cool, maybe not so much so you could understand it but being able to hear the faint reports versus nothing but weapons fire would be a great touch!
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Background chatter similar in sound level to the chatter you can hear when you get close to a starbase like DS9 would be a nice touch.

Since the camera already shakes when your ship explodes, it'd be neat if they could also have the actual game UI react to the combat. For instance, when your ship gets rocked by a torpedo, the interface could flicker.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-14-2010, 08:58 AM
Actually they have the sound files already for all the BO voice types that say shields failing, battle stations etc. We are just still waiting for them to be put back into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-15-2010, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangry View Post
Background chatter similar in sound level to the chatter you can hear when you get close to a starbase like DS9 would be a nice touch.
There you have it - brilliant idea.

Just a very small background chatter every now and then, maybe it kicks in if yours or your oppositions hull go below a certain level, something along those lines.

And to the original poster, I agree on red alert. 4-5 seconds would be cool, just to let you know it's there.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-15-2010, 03:38 AM
try klingon,it kinda gets anoying but every time you enter combat there is an alarm and a voice
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-15-2010, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangry View Post
There you have it - brilliant idea.

Just a very small background chatter every now and then, maybe it kicks in if yours or your oppositions hull go below a certain level, something along those lines.

And to the original poster, I agree on red alert. 4-5 seconds would be cool, just to let you know it's there.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-15-2010, 04:13 AM
I really like this idea and would love to see it ingame... :-D