Lt. Commander
# 11
07-15-2010, 05:17 AM
Its the little stuff that makes life worth living!
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-15-2010, 05:46 AM
Maybe taking this one step further and having the introduction of alert status's added to the game play....Just a thought?
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticblakes View Post
Maybe taking this one step further and having the introduction of alert status's added to the game play....Just a thought?
Exactly , give us a slider or 3 buttons, RED YELLOW GREEN (condition normal) alerts.

Hell.... Star Trek A Final Unity , back on my SNES , had that option in like 1993.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-16-2010, 06:54 PM
i thought whenever we used any ability i hear ship under attack and the sirens go off >.> it also happens when u abandon ship as well
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Exactly that would be great! I really miss the Red Alert going off and background chatter of system status and casualty reports.

The idea of the UI flickering is nice, but I could see it annoying a lot of people.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenziedCanuck View Post
Exactly that would be great! I really miss the Red Alert going off and background chatter of system status and casualty reports.

The idea of the UI flickering is nice, but I could see it annoying a lot of people.
The maybe have it as an optional thing under settings.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-16-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm glad people have had the same ideas I've been mulling over for a few months now. I'd love to hear more Red Alert sirens, but not to the point they'd be blaring all combat-- just when we engage combat.

I would also *LOVE* to hear more officer "chatter", besides the automated computer voice about shields failing and hull percentages... how dull! I want to hear my tactical officer say, "Our shields are failing, Captain!" or my chief engineer shout, "She cannot take it much longer, Captain!" when my hull is critical. Random voice bits about disruptor breaches or sealing off decks, etc.. would be great.

There could be an option to turn this thing off, too -- or perhaps a "slider" where you can scale back the amount you hear, but not tune it out completely (unless you've pulled the slider to 0%)?

Random brain storming. Would go a long way to adding the Star Trek touch.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-17-2010, 09:20 AM
I agree, would go a long ways to logging in and showing a friend and him going, yep this is star trek alright....

ESX
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-18-2010, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillingMeSoftly
I'm glad people have had the same ideas I've been mulling over for a few months now. I'd love to hear more Red Alert sirens, but not to the point they'd be blaring all combat-- just when we engage combat.

I would also *LOVE* to hear more officer "chatter", besides the automated computer voice about shields failing and hull percentages... how dull! I want to hear my tactical officer say, "Our shields are failing, Captain!" or my chief engineer shout, "She cannot take it much longer, Captain!" when my hull is critical. Random voice bits about disruptor breaches or sealing off decks, etc.. would be great.

There could be an option to turn this thing off, too -- or perhaps a "slider" where you can scale back the amount you hear, but not tune it out completely (unless you've pulled the slider to 0%)?

Random brain storming. Would go a long way to adding the Star Trek touch.
I do recall getting all of those effects in Star Trek: Bridge Commander. Especially with the Kobayashi Maru mod. It gave you two specific sounds for Yellow and Red Alert, plus your Commander would occasionally give the order for it. The Red Alert sound only went off for a few seconds as well, so it didn't annoy the crap out of you along with the annoyance of trying to fight 3 Sovereign Class ships in your little Akira Class.
And with the status reports - They put in the LCARS terminal voice to give little reminders with your shields and hull strength. That's cool and all, but isn't like, Helm or my Tac Officer supposed to inform me that my ship is about to erupt in a giant Warp Plasma Fireball and take out all of my buddies around me?
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-18-2010, 09:11 AM
They had it in beta for a while, but it got really really annoying, Sometimes you leave combat and drop from red alert, and then suddenly you'd be back in and the alarm would go off again, it would repeat in an endlessly horrible cycle that was incredibly annoying, eventually it was removed.