Lt. Commander
# 21
07-22-2010, 01:24 AM
But there is a red alert siren when I enter combat in space. I can clearly hear it.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-22-2010, 03:22 AM
Great Idea for the Red Alert, UI flickering, and voices in the background.

/Double Signed
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-24-2010, 10:03 AM
a good way to keep it from getting annoying is to have it go off only once per map so that way you get the sound and it doesn't cycle repeatedly from entering and leaving combat. as this is a tactic I use alot (hit and run and no not just on my klingons but also with my fed, even cruisers)
Lt. Commander
# 24 Great idea
07-28-2010, 02:33 PM
I think this is a great idea. I'm sure we can all picture any one of our favorite star ships getting into combat and that is the first thing we think about (Shields Up! Red Alert).

Additionally, if we could choose which red alert we wanted (Voyager, TNG, DS9, TOS) that would also be even more awesome. Then you could change it whenever one started to get annoying (or just toggle it off if you didn't like it at all).
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-12-2010, 10:18 PM
i already know that there is a faint red alert siren but it only sounds twice...thats like 1 second...

well i never expected this thread to get so many people...how do we get this to the devs?

was playing homeworld 2 the other day and remembered that it had the option to choose between no,low,medium,heavy battle chatter...example of what im talking about just go rent "first contact" and see how awesome the battle chatter is when the federation engages the borg...

lots of great ideas people!

the most important thing is to at least have random battle chatter from within your ship!an option to choose between different voices for officers would be cool...just like sims 3....

now to actually listen to a klingon yelling at you when you shoot him that would be simply to awesome!!!

ofcourse all these are best for PvE!

at least do this thing in the episodes!

i started this post cause wih all the technical(bugs) and other artistic(adding more stuff that we all love!) and design(like more ships and interiors) issues in the game i think that the devs totally forgot about the sound of the game!

and considaring that other mmos are coming up like SWTOR its also a good marketing decision to add more SOUND in the game...gotta say love the new battle music in the latest episodes...but we all know the devs whanna do more...so im just putting it out there that people would really appreciate more "sound" in the game!

also there is an issue with the klingon cloaking sound....those of as that played startrek armada 1 and 2 know that the klingon cloaking sound is not the one we hear in the game...thats the romulan one...will watch startrek six again to confirm though but i think that the devs should adress that ASAP!

other than that the game looks great so far!
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-12-2010, 10:39 PM
i think this game needs the BO's to say stuff it would add a much NEEDED sense of immersion not to mention it would be awesome to actually hear them instead of it pretty much being me and my ships computer flying around i mean that's what it mite as well be as it is.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-14-2010, 12:19 PM
and since we're talking sound how about some better music?you now what i mean...some more ambient space explo music and a little more epic or classical musci for battles?cause the current sound track reminds me of klingon opera....god i have a head acke....:p
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillingMeSoftly
I'm glad people have had the same ideas I've been mulling over for a few months now. I'd love to hear more Red Alert sirens, but not to the point they'd be blaring all combat-- just when we engage combat.

I would also *LOVE* to hear more officer "chatter", besides the automated computer voice about shields failing and hull percentages... how dull! I want to hear my tactical officer say, "Our shields are failing, Captain!" or my chief engineer shout, "She cannot take it much longer, Captain!" when my hull is critical. Random voice bits about disruptor breaches or sealing off decks, etc.. would be great.

There could be an option to turn this thing off, too -- or perhaps a "slider" where you can scale back the amount you hear, but not tune it out completely (unless you've pulled the slider to 0%)?

Random brain storming. Would go a long way to adding the Star Trek touch.
the only problem i can see with "chatter" like that is the game is too fast paced, you can go from 100-0 hull in a matter of seconds or vice versa. so it would be weird having back round chatter saying things that dont match what happens. i've already had issues with the "-side- shield is down" when its actually still up.
Lt. Commander
# 29 A minute really?
08-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stS10
That would be pretty cool, yes hitting the "Brace For Impact" does set of the alarm but only for a few seconds. Have it go off for like maybe a minute as you enter combat would be nice. Or even the "newer" alarm we heard in Nemsis. Chatter during combat would be awesome. Hearing the bridge officers sounding off reports of either damage and statuses would be cool, maybe not so much so you could understand it but being able to hear the faint reports versus nothing but weapons fire would be a great touch!
So you would want to hear that sound for a full minute? I like the sound personally, but 15 seconds is fine enough and even pushing it at that. Its an attention grabber nothing more, beyond that, ouch!

However, I love your bridge chatter and even crew reports in place of the computer.