Lt. Commander
# 1 Tribble's Lure
07-09-2010, 07:32 AM
Hey Ladies and Gents

I was wondering whether anyone started playing Tribble, and has never gone back to Holodeck??
The reason I ask is I feel that if I start playing on Tribble (this weekend ) and get to play with the latest in STO, my will to go back to "less" in Holodeck won't be THAT great....

I know the patch will eventually go live and the 2 versions will be the same for a while, but shortly after, Tribble will surely receive another batch of updates for testing, making it superior once again....

NOTE; This is a little Utopian, as I'd be assuming the gameplay is as bug free as Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-09-2010, 07:34 AM
I only use Tribble if there is a really big update on it. I always go back to holodeck as Tribble is meant to test on, not play.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-09-2010, 07:46 AM
The community on Holodeck is much larger than on Tribble. You'll maybe find 5 people logged on at the same time on Tribble when there are no major updates.

I still prefer playing on Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-09-2010, 07:55 AM
Yea, Tribble is usually devoid of most life. I play on Tribble when I am wanting to hide from my fleet, not that that happens often; but sometime you just want to get away everyone.

I don't think anyone could play indefinitely on Tribble. The servers are down more often, they will throw on a simple patch and will crash everything. Not often but occasionally they will do resets thus work is lost. So on and so forth.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Tribble is only for testing so i dont think people will play there.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-09-2010, 08:27 AM
I was on tribble last night and it was loaded with people. they just released the season 2 patch on it which includes increased level cap, new sectors and a bunch of other stuff. I actually think it was overloaded last night because I was rubber banding pretty bad at times.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-09-2010, 02:05 PM
I only go on Tribble when I want to test something new that I have been looking forward to...like Season Two...Then I go back to the forums while I wait for it to go live.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Also keep in mind the policy states that they can wipe tribble of characters at anytime, so be careful or you will lose all your progress.

-
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-10-2010, 04:14 PM
The issue with Tribble is, as mentioned, that they can wipe your account without warning from that server.

At the same time, the canges on tribbe are usually not permanet, meaning at they are being changed quite often, putting you in a position of never knowing what you have to work with.

Also Tribble is quite bugged at most time, alot of rubberbanding going on, and a great deal of missions are either uncompleteable or partailly at least.

Tribble is for tests. Basically a sandbox for work in progress...
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-12-2010, 04:19 AM
I play on tribble only when new stuff is released, and even then not very often - becuase I don't get the same sense of progress as I do on the Holodeck.