Lt. Commander
# 11
07-10-2010, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
The sappy dream of a better tomorrow. Science fictions of continual conflict, continued poverty and oppression, and interstellar wars are all over. Star Trek is different. There are conflicts in Star Trek, but they always end on a path to peace and understanding between the two sides. There is supposedly no poverty in Star Trek and the Federation is a beacon of hope and freedom in the galaxy.

Basically I love Star Trek because it shows that one day we can rise above petty avarice and hatred and just get along and build a better tomorrow.

Totally unexpected coming from me.
WHat she said.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-10-2010, 07:00 AM
It was the characters. There's such depth to them, such substance. You can connect with them and they can seem very real. You care about what happens to them. And the good guys always won. There was almost always a happy ending. And, it does give hope for a brighter future. I alway's love reassurance.
Second was the ships. I love the ships. I learned them all backwards and forwards.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-10-2010, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
WHat she said.
The futuristic flavor of it. The ships, the characters that we all came to know. Flying in space. Meeting other species. All of it. Friggin all of it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-10-2010, 08:30 AM
I suppose it was all the bright and pretty colors on TOS. I was only 1 year old when it first aired, and bright colors tend to attract the attention of children of that age.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-10-2010, 08:36 AM
The Technology, i'm a Computer Geek... i want to know how the Warpreactor works and what the buttons on the Tricorder do.

The Ships... i just love Spaceships... no matter if it is Star Trek, Wars, Gate, Bab5 or whatever... i just love them all. The generic Fighter designs that keep popping up in Videogames ...not so much.

To see how the (Prime) Universe Evolves... alliances that get forged and break down etc. etc.
ST The undiscovered Country basically started that evolution. TNG had some pointers going on in that direction but nothing big realy.
DS9 was the height of that Evolution.... Voyager then again had only glimpses of it, but therefore explored a new part of Space... which was partially intresting.

ENT somehow managed to show some evolution in the Universe (especially Season 4) but failed because that was the past, half of it was known History allready.

Now with XI all of that got obsolete.

And STO ...well it keeps telling me what is going on, and therefore i like it but i just cant take it serious enough because video games = non-canon.
But well it helps the starving Trekker...

That Alien of the week stuff... not so much, sure some episodes were good but most of them were filler Episodes that didn't change anything.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-10-2010, 08:40 AM
I loved roddenberys star trek because it was verry deep and actualy educated people
it explored culture,philosophy,religion,science ect..,i dont consider burmans work star trek at all
it had none of that and was all mostly judge and kill all aliens that didnt have christian values..lol
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-13-2010, 04:04 PM
I love Star Trek for its unique humor.
Who can not like the antics of Quark, The Hologram Doctor or Garak, not to mention Q? You just can not sit though an episode with Kirk, Spock and McCoy in it without laughing.

I prefer science-fantasy, with as much gore and war as possible.
Peace does not interest me, only war eternal.
Adeptus Astartes, Imperial Guard, Sith, Mandalorians, and of course the glorius Terran Empire!
Cochrane had the right idea! Shotgun the space elves upon landing and take their jobs...I mean ships.

Still, all those Silly Klingons and doctors just make you laugh. Not to mention tribbles.