Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Finally. Poorly skilled fed players can attempt pathetically to mimic what the klingon warrior has mastered. No longer, will they create klingon characters just to experience pvp. Hoorah. Let this be the begining of true pvp balance, now all the feds need is a carrier, and klinks a dedicated "scout"/ maneuverable science ship. ahhhhh

//signed no fed toons
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
07-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
Finally. Poorly skilled fed players can attempt pathetically to mimic what the klingon warrior has mastered. No longer, will they create klingon characters just to experience pvp. Hoorah. Let this be the begining of true pvp balance, now all the feds need is a carrier, and klinks a dedicated "scout"/ maneuverable science ship. ahhhhh

//signed no fed toons
Yes! Hurrah! Soon the FvK space PvP queues will look exactly like the KvK space PvP queues... oh... wait...

I would love to be wrong about this.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
07-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
Yes! Hurrah! Soon the FvK space PvP queues will look exactly like the KvK space PvP queues... oh... wait...

I would love to be wrong about this.
Well, I think we are out of canon ships that could cloak. There's that, at least. ^_^
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
07-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
Finally. Poorly skilled fed players can attempt pathetically to mimic what the klingon warrior has mastered. No longer, will they create klingon characters just to experience pvp. Hoorah. Let this be the begining of true pvp balance, now all the feds need is a carrier, and klinks a dedicated "scout"/ maneuverable science ship. ahhhhh

//signed no fed toons
i blame all people who whined about the galaxy x to be put in the c-store and opened the floodgates for more fed cloaks
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by convoy7734
i blame all people who whined about the galaxy x to be put in the c-store and opened the floodgates for more fed cloaks
Meh, I blame Cryptic for listening to them. I have nothing against Fed cloaked ships per se, the problem is when both teams are 100% cloak equipped.

There is no reversing this so I suspect the need for enhanced cloak detection mechanics will very soon become obvious even to Cryptic when people start abandoning games because they are 'empty' or because they just take too damn long because people keep failing to find each other.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
07-09-2010, 07:39 PM
It will just need some new tacitcs...

2 fed ships sit with 3 cloakers...
1 cloaked Klink decloaks to attack one of the fed tanks...
3 Fed Sisko ships decloak...
4 more BOPs decload to attack the Sisko ships...

I'm getting a headache, but it could be fun.
Looking forward to testing my new General Ultra build against em anyway.

As long as cryptic does not give every ship in the game a cloak. things should not end up KvK dead.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
07-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
It will just need some new tacitcs...

2 fed ships sit with 3 cloakers...
1 cloaked Klink decloaks to attack one of the fed tanks...
3 Fed Sisko ships decloak...
4 more BOPs decload to attack the Sisko ships...

I'm getting a headache, but it could be fun.
Looking forward to testing my new General Ultra build against em anyway.

As long as cryptic does not give every ship in the game a cloak. things should not end up KvK dead.
Of course premades will do that and that is why the only time I have ever seen a KvK game was between premades... it is PUGs I am worried about because they did not queue for 15 mins to spend 10 mins trying to bait someone into decloaking.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
07-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
It will just need some new tacitcs...

2 fed ships sit with 3 cloakers...
1 cloaked Klink decloaks to attack one of the fed tanks...
3 Fed Sisko ships decloak...
4 more BOPs decload to attack the Sisko ships...

I'm getting a headache, but it could be fun.
Looking forward to testing my new General Ultra build against em anyway.

As long as cryptic does not give every ship in the game a cloak. things should not end up KvK dead.

That is how it actually worked when escorts all ran MES, so there is no real reason it won't happen again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
07-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
That is how it actually worked when escorts all ran MES, so there is no real reason it won't happen again.
Yeah... with pre-mades
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
07-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
Yeah... with pre-mades
pre made pvp is the future of this game. if they ever add true meaningul pvp, sector control, a persistent battle record, or true death penalty; I will want to know very well my wingmen when Igo into combat. What do you conceive would "realistically" have occuredwithin the ST universe? Clearly, those ships in combat, patrolling the same sectors, entering into a battle as one group.. would nto be "randomly selected" from a queue. <S>
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:58 AM.