Captain
Any Dev care to respond on why AVG 2013 has twice now detected a virus related to identity protection from Cryptic Studios Star Trek Online.exe?
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet

Last edited by shadowwraith77; 07-31-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Captain
# 2
07-31-2013, 11:33 PM
AVG and another false positive... Not surprised and its why I switched to Avast.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-01-2013, 02:05 AM
If AVG says you have a virus, then I recommend you immediately disconnect from the Internet, close all windows and doors, and call the poilce. DO NOT attempt to use your computer until Law Enforcement Officers arrive at the scene.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
08-01-2013, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedeadheaded View Post
If AVG says you have a virus, then I recommend you immediately disconnect from the Internet, close all windows and doors, and call the poilce. DO NOT attempt to use your computer until Law Enforcement Officers arrive at the scene.

Superb.

False positive, obviously.
Captain
# 5
08-01-2013, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwtf View Post
AVG and another false positive... Not surprised and its why I switched to Avast.
I agree with jet. You should switch to Avast.

Also, it most likely is just your computer that has one, not the sto game. Eitherwise there would be ALOT of complaining about it here on the forum and the Team of STO would definitely get on it fast and talk
about it here.

So I would probably reformat your entire computer. then get a different security system like avast.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
08-01-2013, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwraith77 View Post
Any Dev care to respond on why AVG 2013 has twice now detected a virus related to identity protection from Cryptic Studios Star Trek Online.exe?
Norton is really good, I highly recommend it, and I think it is better than Mcafee (or however one spells it).
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
08-01-2013, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
Norton is really good, I highly recommend it, and I think it is better than Mcafee (or however one spells it).
Please do NOT under any circumstances listen to this post.

Norton is the worst piece of software ever written. Mcaffee isn't far behind. They are both only just ahead of realplayer and quicktime.

Go with Avast
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
08-01-2013, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
Please do NOT under any circumstances listen to this post.

Norton is the worst piece of software ever written. Mcaffee isn't far behind. They are both only just ahead of realplayer and quicktime.

Go with Avast
Whaaa?

What is wrong with Norton?

It kicks unwanted malwares' butt!
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Republic Veteran
# 9
08-01-2013, 03:03 AM
AVG frequently has false positives, it's one of the worst AV solutions out there.
Captain
# 10
08-01-2013, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
Whaaa?

What is wrong with Norton?

It kicks unwanted malwares' butt!
Umm bloatware for one. misses allot of Malware including Norton added, Has participated in Spam... Should i continue? Great for corporate environments with the corporate version but not good for private systems and is the worst thing you could install for AV protection for a private system. Mcafee is the second worst followed by AVG. Quick check on a few security sites not run by AV companies tells more than enough.