Lt. Commander
# 131
08-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Official answer from their support chat :

Support: We are aware of a current issue with activating new accounts (or a new key on existing accounts). Our developers are actively working on a fix. We will update your ticket as soon as we have any new information.

Me: so i'm out of luck until such that time that it's fixed ? the game might go free 2 play by then ))

Support: Gosh, since there's no plans for free to play that I know about, I really hope we fix it sooner than "never"!

Support: I can't predict how long it will take to fix, but I know they're working on it.

So I can't play for now
Lt. Commander
# 132
08-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilin View Post
Official answer from their support chat :

Support: We are aware of a current issue with activating new accounts (or a new key on existing accounts). Our developers are actively working on a fix. We will update your ticket as soon as we have any new information.

Me: so i'm out of luck until such that time that it's fixed ? the game might go free 2 play by then ))

Support: Gosh, since there's no plans for free to play that I know about, I really hope we fix it sooner than "never"!

Support: I can't predict how long it will take to fix, but I know they're working on it.

So I can't play for now
Unfortunately, you picked the day that Cryptic is transitioning from Atari ownership to Perfect World Entertainment ownership (Which is a good thing as Atari was always cash strapped and didn't want to really do what it took to support development; while Perfect World KNOWS about MMO development (it has three of its own) - and has already started expanding the STO development team); so unfortunately there's been some hiccups (see this post - link) and I'm sure the billing foolks want to get it straightened out ASAP, as it costs them money in the long run.
Lt. Commander
# 133
08-19-2011, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giomar
if im suppose to have a 30-day trial then give me the trial and if after 30 days i think your company deserves my payments then at that time i will set up a subscription.
Totally agree I'm glad i only paid $8 for the game
Lt. Commander
# 134
08-21-2011, 11:15 AM
My problem is fixed , tried paying with Paypal and it worked
But i took 1 month so that is 12,99
and they took 15,72 from my paypall account
so they just robbed me of 2.73
Lt. Commander
# 135
08-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu666 View Post
My problem is fixed , tried paying with Paypal and it worked
But i took 1 month so that is 12,99
and they took 15,72 from my paypall account
so they just robbed me of 2.73
i believe subscription price does not include vat or any other government taxes they are require to pay on their service. so that may be the difference.
Lt. Commander
# 136
08-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Hey, can we ditch this PayPal eCheck thing? I don't really know if it's you guys or PayPal that makes it a mandatory thing, but I have more than enough money in my account so there's really no reason for the 6-8 day delay. This latest sale will be over by the time the eCheck clears.
Lt. Commander
# 137
08-25-2011, 08:21 AM
hmm.. i just bought the game online... but when i enter to subscription face... i dont see anymore paypal payment option so i cant buy subscription cos my Visa Electron dosent work either.. any help?
Lt. Commander
# 138
08-26-2011, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombalordi
hmm.. i just bought the game online... but when i enter to subscription face... i dont see anymore paypal payment option so i cant buy subscription cos my Visa Electron dosent work either.. any help?
I am having the same issue. I wanted to reactivate my subscription. However I can't pay with paypal either.
Lt. Commander
# 139
09-05-2011, 10:06 AM
i cant enter my direct debit infos for 2 weeks now. cant purchase anything from c-store nor can i sub via direct debit. unfortunately i have no paypal acc, and i dont want to use it. i hope its fixed soon ...
Lt. Commander
# 140
09-15-2011, 07:16 AM
It looks like the payment for sub problem is still happening, the money I've kept in my account to pay for my six month sub still hasn't been taken out to pay for it nor have I received any error problems or an e-mail saying that it's been paid for, even though my account details say my six month sub is now active.

Odd problem for sure since when I buy C-Store points there isn't any problem there.