Lt. Commander
# 31
08-05-2010, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giomar
OK i just have one thing to say here and yes i know that this is a tech support forum but from what i've seen so far this is the only way to get anything across.. First of all I did try to use the sumit a ticket page you mentioned.. let me ask you this .. have you actually tried to use it because it doesnt work, it promts you to choose billing or tech question and thats as far as you can go.. Secondly (which is the main reason im looking for help) i tried to set up an account which i was able to do but when i tried to load the game it keeps telling me that there is an account error so i click on a link.. The link sends me to a billing sight that tells me that i have a 30-trial and under that is askes for billing information. NOW, Explain to me why i would want to set up a subscription for something that i havent even tried yet.. if im suppose to have a 30-day trial then give me the trial and if after 30 days i think your company deserves my payments then at that time i will set up a subscription.. otherwise the game will be deleted from my computer and start collecting dust while i play ******** and Lord of the Rings (which by the way understand the meaning of the term 30-day free trial)

I have this exact problem. I just entered my key for my 30 days (which is already counting down) and payment info and it still tells me to contact billing support but the ticket system is NOT working. I couldn't find a phone support number, except for a fax number.

This is making me angry.
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-05-2010, 02:23 PM
ticket system does work but you have to do a search before you get the option to create a ticket.

there is no free 30 days. the 30 days is a bonus for setting up an active subscription. it does not start until that subscription plan with a validated payment method has been done(notice the validated pat)
if the payment option can not be validated then your subscription plan is not set up so is not active and no 30 days ticking off.

once the subscription plan is set with your future payment after the 30 days. then you can get into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-06-2010, 07:21 PM
I am having the same trouble with the payment method declined I have submitted several tickets and they keep giving me the run around. I can't even try to use the time cards because no stores in this area sell them. They really need to get this fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegasusMD
ticket system does work but you have to do a search before you get the option to create a ticket.

there is no free 30 days. the 30 days is a bonus for setting up an active subscription. it does not start until that subscription plan with a validated payment method has been done(notice the validated pat)
if the payment option can not be validated then your subscription plan is not set up so is not active and no 30 days ticking off.

once the subscription plan is set with your future payment after the 30 days. then you can get into the game.
How can you set up a subscription if the system will not take your card? I have been trying for three days and am just about ready to call it quits.
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDutcher
I have this exact problem. I just entered my key for my 30 days (which is already counting down) and payment info and it still tells me to contact billing support but the ticket system is NOT working. I couldn't find a phone support number, except for a fax number.
This is making me angry.
There is no phone support! One of the replies I got from a ticket told me to call a phone number. When I called the message said that Cryptic no longer has phone support. They didn't say why. Could it be that they were getting so many complaints that the just shut down the phones? That doesn't say much about their customer support. I did say something to them in yet another ticket. They apologized for the error about the phone number, but my problem still hasn't been fixed!
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by londarhawk View Post
When I called the message said that Cryptic no longer has phone support. They didn't say why. Could it be that they were getting so many complaints that the just shut down the phones?
Don't be silly. Phone support takes a lot of manpower, and it is inefficient, particularly when people think that tying up the support lines for hours while they go off on a pointless rant is a good idea (see that crazy guy on the forums who posted six threads, each of them with several pages of ranting? if you give him a telephone number, he will chew up more support hours than several dozen users with real problems). Cryptic's support got overloaded and severely backlogged, so they reorganised a while back.
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miiru
Don't be silly. Phone support takes a lot of manpower, and it is inefficient, particularly when people think that tying up the support lines for hours while they go off on a pointless rant is a good idea (see that crazy guy on the forums who posted six threads, each of them with several pages of ranting? if you give him a telephone number, he will chew up more support hours than several dozen users with real problems). Cryptic's support got overloaded and severely backlogged, so they reorganised a while back.
Point taken. My original point was that they sent me to phone support in the first place.

I know that I have been ranting some, but (Like some of the others) I'm a little tired of what seems to be a lack of support from these online games. I have avoided subscription games because of the support troubles I seen on other online games.
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by londarhawk View Post
How can you set up a subscription if the system will not take your card? I have been trying for three days and am just about ready to call it quits.
two things

one. submit a billing ticket and not a tech support ticket. keep this in mind billing only works Mon-Fri 8 am to 5 PM PDT
two. you can call the number on the back of your card to see if they are refusing the validation check on the card. (could be something simple as the address or zipcode assigned to the card does not match what is on record for the crytptic account )

some people have alos post that they were able to setup the subscription using paypal secure credit card plugin option.
Lt. Commander
# 39
08-07-2010, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegasusMD
two things

one. submit a billing ticket and not a tech support ticket. keep this in mind billing only works Mon-Fri 8 am to 5 PM PDT
two. you can call the number on the back of your card to see if they are refusing the validation check on the card. (could be something simple as the address or zipcode assigned to the card does not match what is on record for the crytptic account )

some people have alos post that they were able to setup the subscription using paypal secure credit card plugin option.
Been There, Done That Didn't want the T-shirt. I have done all of the above. The last response I got asked me for my game key and account name. They said they would apply it for me.
Lt. Commander
# 40
08-09-2010, 11:33 AM
i lately reactivated my other acc (this i a lend one) from 31th july. i canceleed the recurrence 4 days later. the monay was payd but now i only got playtime until today, agust 9th instead of august 31th! 20 days gone to nowhere. im really angy about this. cause i cannot even contact anyone if my acc isnt active, what it should! be in this case. now im standing here beeing robbed 20days of gametime. i really need help.

the game i bugged a lot until 6 month of live, and now i must realise that billig is bugged too? sry but there the party is over. i payd 31 days of gametime, and i wanna have them. i even wondered why cryptic offed these cancel option for leaving behind the rest of gametime. thats total rubbish. when i cancelled last this option was not there anymore, so i thought "okay, i cancel now and play until payd gametime neds" but so now: im standing here with a cancelled sub without remaining gametime