Lt. Commander
Quote:
Q: Captain_Zero: With the ship poll, will we be seeing the winning ship class, and maybe the others as well, in Season 2?

A: We are committed to making more ships moving forward and you are going to see many of the ships you’ve been asking for as Season Two continues and Season Three arrives.
Oh. Come. On.

You already know that people are going to complain, no matter what you do. Is it hard to say something like "We are working on ships X, Y, Z, and maybe M, but we're not sure which are going to be balanced and modeled when. But Y is looking pretty good right now, though we haven't quite decided on the special ability, if any."

Instead, we get "oh yes, we're adding more ships!" Yes. Thanks. We figured that out already. You listed 3 new ones so far.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Unfortunately the whole "Ask Cryptic" thing is more of a publicity stunt than it is telling us anything new.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-09-2010, 07:21 PM
that is more of a cover our butts answer.

1. it could be to surprise us. ( my guess more ships in season 3, that was the season 2 questions, and they most likely want to keep it a secret. )

2. they don't want to promise anything that mite get pulled later. ( CBS saying no )

so it was an answer to keep it secret, and to cover themselves in case something happens.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilsmoo View Post
Oh. Come. On.

You already know that people are going to complain, no matter what you do. Is it hard to say something like "We are working on ships X, Y, Z, and maybe M, but we're not sure which are going to be balanced and modeled when. But Y is looking pretty good right now, though we haven't quite decided on the special ability, if any."

Instead, we get "oh yes, we're adding more ships!" Yes. Thanks. We figured that out already. You listed 3 new ones so far.
Ever hear of IP-holder approval and licensing rights?

That's probably part of it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Ever hear of IP-holder approval and licensing rights?

That's probably part of it.
I wonder how much the rights to Trek cost?

I know its probably dazzlingly high........

maybe we could all put together a giant pot of donations and purchase the IP?
Give it to Sir Patrick Stuart, Brent Spiner, and Leonard Nimoy. :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-09-2010, 09:50 PM
WE want more transparency!
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
I wonder how much the rights to Trek cost?

I know its probably dazzlingly high........

maybe we could all put together a giant pot of donations and purchase the IP?
Give it to Sir Patrick Stuart, Brent Spiner, and Leonard Nimoy. :p
It's incredibly high - merchandising rights, show rights

Plus, switching hands with all the deals CBS/Paramount have there are broadcast license contracts (cable, satellite, and internet), etc.

It'd be both costly and time consuming.

I'd rather the devs spend 25 million on making kick-arse content than worry about getting the rights to everything (and the cat's pajamas).
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Wow, some of you can be picky.

They obviously can't tell you everything. Game companies have to hold some things back for whatever reason. Just deal with it, until they can release more info.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-09-2010, 10:18 PM
I hope they add abilities to the T5's already in game
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Unfortunately the whole "Ask Cryptic" thing is more of a publicity stunt than it is telling us anything new.
Amen
/10 characters