Lt. Commander
Some of these have been mentioned by snix but not included in the patch notes. I tried posting these in the Tribble forum, but it got scrolled off in seconds by people complaining about art bugs and diplomacy.

Seen so far:
  • I got tractor beamed by a fleet support ship (or possibly a photonic one)
  • Ramming speed is no longer available unless at low health (reported 50% or lower)
  • Shield hardness DR/cap seems to be in place
  • New queue tech doesn't let a game start without the proper number of people in it - this leads to games failing to start rather than starting underpopulated
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-09-2010, 06:45 PM
They had better deal with RSP, before nerfing shield resists... otherwise we are going to see RSP spamming in a way that makes game play these days seem RSP free.

So now, effectively, Rotate shield frequency is useless, the science team shield buff is useless extend shields resist and any team shield resist buffs are useless, when targeting an engineer in a cruiser. We are almost always running near 75% anyway so this nerfs our defenses both self and from others across the board.

GG guys... GG

This could be season 1.1 version 2.0

Shield power - 100 = 20% resist
EPtS 3 = 40% resist
Additional 25% shield power boost from EPtS 3 = 5%

Total = 65 %

Cap = 75%

Any additional buffs.. no matter how large.. only will count 10%.

This kills so many abilities and ways to help,.. I can't even begin to describe how this kills the engineer and teamwork for us NON RSP spammers.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Sounds like the dumbest move ever, especially when you give a science ability at level 48 that give the team a 50% boost to shield resist so anything after is completely useless. I cant wait for the gay to start.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-09-2010, 07:46 PM
hey guys, its called diminishing returns; Now shield resists don't actually give you the flat number anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
hey guys, its called diminishing returns; Now shield resists don't actually give you the flat number anymore.
This is even worse than a hard cap though. We know how hull resistances work, and shield resistances are much weaker and harder to find and stack in the first place.

But I'm still not sure how it works on tribble yet, nor how to really tell what the actual resists are.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Great, now I can blow 4 shield resists...and get to like 40%.

That sounds so much better.

Good times.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
Great, now I can blow 4 shield resists...and get to like 40%.

That sounds so much better.

Good times.
Alternatively, you could have invested effort into hull healing and be laughing your ass off right now at the people that are Sorely out of luck with the patch. My job just got easier
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Alternatively, you could have invested effort into hull healing and be laughing your ass off right now at the people that are Sorely out of luck with the patch. My job just got easier
I use 1 engineering team 3 and a Engineering team 1 and transfer shield strength. Faithborn. I have invested in it.

But now, I may as well dump TSS and go hazard emitters.

I also have 3 other engineering officers with ET 3 I can swap out for other builds. I do fine. I don't stack RSP, I hate that power and frankly none of what you said addresses the issue that this is a nerf primarily to the defensive abilities to the defense class.... while leaving the real bane RSP alone, for now.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
[*]New queue tech doesn't let a game start without the proper number of people in it - this leads to games failing to start rather than starting underpopulated[/list]
Good. I'm glad.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Oh, and they nerfed the grandfathered consoles. Sucks that my +90 starship hazard system is getting knocked down to +45

[Prototype Console - Science - Halon System Mk X]
+15 Starship Hazard System