Lt. Commander
# 1 The Sulu-prise Series
07-09-2010, 07:38 PM
I remember a long time ago there was a campaign to get Star Trek producers to do a Sulu-prise series with Takei as captain of the Excelsior. I always liked that idea, but they never did it. Would it have made a good show in place of Voyager or Enterprise?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
I remember a long time ago there was a campaign to get Star Trek producers to do a Sulu-prise series with Takei as captain of the Excelsior. I always liked that idea, but they never did it. Would it have made a good show in place of Voyager or Enterprise?
are we talking about a george takai excelsior series or a john cho series ?
cause honestly i would like that.
i would prefer a john cho series cause the cgi would trump the old sfx.
though the takai series would have his uber cool voice. he may be 'out' but hes got a super cool mood to him when hes not acting all in your face gay.
He shocked me on Shatners roast with how high the gay was turned up. it put me off for a moment, but i still love him regardless. hes a fair actor.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-10-2010, 02:03 AM
Though I doubt Takai will do it, I would love it he is my second fav star trek captain after Sisko.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-10-2010, 03:45 AM
One thing I always liked about the idea of the Sulu Trek/Takaiprise is that I think it was Takai himself who suggested having a rather impetuous, bold officer on the helm, who'd operate in a similar fashion to Wesley Crusher. The name of this helmsman?

Jean-Luc Picard.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-10-2010, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasherman View Post
One thing I always liked about the idea of the Sulu Trek/Takaiprise is that I think it was Takai himself who suggested having a rather impetuous, bold officer on the helm, who'd operate in a similar fashion to Wesley Crusher. The name of this helmsman?

Jean-Luc Picard.
I'd love that!
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-10-2010, 04:01 AM
Quote:

Jean-Luc Picard.
Tell me more about this next generation of the Enterprise crew!
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-10-2010, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by William-Shatner
are we talking about a george takai excelsior series or a john cho series ?
cause honestly i would like that.
i would prefer a john cho series cause the cgi would trump the old sfx.
though the takai series would have his uber cool voice. he may be 'out' but hes got a super cool mood to him when hes not acting all in your face gay.
He shocked me on Shatners roast with how high the gay was turned up. it put me off for a moment, but i still love him regardless. hes a fair actor.
I read what you wrote and thought wow this is a cool way to look at Takai then I actually looked at your avatar and just about died laughing.

+10 chars
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-10-2010, 04:16 AM
Quote:

Jean-Luc Picard.
Nice! I like that.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-10-2010, 06:55 AM
George in Great on the Howard Stern Show.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-10-2010, 07:15 AM
I love Gerorge Takai, i didnt know he was on howard stern. his show would have rawked.
i can already picture him grinning and showing Picard how to properly pilot the ship in a tight spot.
Or kicking butt on an away mission.
It would have also bee awesome if christian slater was on his crew too, since he did make a cameo as one his crew in trek 6. possibly a ranking security officer.
In trek 6 he had a rather large bridge crew. when he said farewell to Kirk after ripping up Chang, he stood with them all. Slater was sadly not among them.