Lt. Commander
# 41
07-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
I think that is actually more of a mess...
that is all together likely. i had to read the aasimov books several times and research it before i fully understood what it meant.
Lt. Commander
# 42
07-11-2010, 11:38 AM
I would have bought a way home from the C-Store
Lt. Commander
# 43
07-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by William-Shatner
that is all together likely. i had to read the aasimov books several times and research it before i fully understood what it meant.
Plus there is this

Quote:
When Asimov wrote his first robot stories in 1939/1940, the positron was a newly discovered particle and so the buzz word positronic, coined by analogy with electronic, added a contemporary gloss of popular science to the concept.
So i'm not completely batty to suggest there is an analogous relation ship between the two.
Lt. Commander
# 44
07-11-2010, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
Plus there is this

So i'm not completely batty to suggest there is an analogous relation ship between the two.
i would never suggest, imply or call you batty. if i came off like that i do apologise.

ive been trek nerding on here for days and sleeping little, i may be mistaken.
but im almost positive datas brain like all trek tech is optical technology.
perhaps a positron is something else entirely. ima google it. ill post back tomorow, i ned slep tonight
Lt. Commander
# 45
07-12-2010, 03:51 AM
ok so if i was captain of voyager first thing would be to use the caretaker array home if failed in process i would then make my way back to the alpha quadrant but break a few starfleet rules and one of does rules would be the (Treaty of Algeron) id find a way to built or get a cloaking device. that way i get to avoid kazon space for good