Lt. Commander
I was trying to find info searching, but I didn't see anything. Will sickbays be included in ship interiors soon? If not, are there plans to eventually incorporate sick bays with other functional interiors?

Can someone please direct me to some relevant info on Cryptic's plans here?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-10-2010, 07:19 AM
I seem to recall it being said that they will be part of it, along with 10-forward, Engineering, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-10-2010, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
I seem to recall it being said that they will be part of it, along with 10-forward, Engineering, etc.
Yeah, I seem to remember that too, but I don't see any specifics on it in the latest ER.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-10-2010, 08:05 AM
Am I the only one who thinks it's kinda funny that whenever someone posts a question they start it off with "I was searching this thread for an answer to this question but couldn't find anything"? As if they're nervous that it's already been answered and a group a pompous, all-knowing STO-nerds are going to tear them limb from limb for asking a simple question.

It's understandable, but I'm just saying...
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Anyone else know?
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Yes.

On related, there's a research minigame that's still locked but should take place in either sickbay or engineering.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
If not, are there plans to eventually incorporate sick bays with other functional interiors?
dear lord i hope not. i think poisoning our ships is a bit overkill. they're already nerfed us beyond recognition

sorry i couldn't resist. anyway i think they're going to implement sickbays. its rather stupid to have to go a starbase in order to get some decent health care when you have a sickbay on your ship.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Yes.

On related, there's a research minigame that's still locked but should take place in either sickbay or engineering.
Thanks Darren, do you remember when/where that was announced?
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ares93 View Post
dear lord i hope not. i think poisoning our ships is a bit overkill. they're already nerfed us beyond recognition

sorry i couldn't resist. anyway i think they're going to implement sickbays. its rather stupid to have to go a starbase in order to get some decent health care when you have a sickbay on your ship.
You should see the Ferengi - they have privatized health care. It sucks.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Thanks Darren, do you remember when/where that was announced?
I might've been digging through the game resource files and saw the minigame mentioned for both KDF and FED.

However, I cannot confirm or deny this.

Also, Zinc has stated in a few interviews that there's a research minigame (he linked it to the sick bay).

So, I assumed that what he mentioned is what was seen in the game's prepatch resource files.

Granted, the resource files may or may not have had UGC pre-alpha artwork too. I can't confirm or deny that.