Lt. Commander
# 11
07-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I might've been digging through the game resource files and saw the minigame mentioned for both KDF and FED.

However, I cannot confirm or deny this.

Also, Zinc has stated in a few interviews that there's a research minigame (he linked it to the sick bay).

So, I assumed that what he mentioned is what was seen in the game's prepatch resource files.

Granted, the resource files may or may not have had UGC pre-alpha artwork too. I can't confirm or deny that.
But you feel pretty confident that sick bay will have some kind of presence, tied to either functionality like healing or a mini-game like Mr. Tricorder?
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Here's what Zinc said (from a Subspace Radio Interview during the last month):

Quote:
What can we expect from ship interiors?
I think we're really looking towards making the interiors a really big thing - apart from [just] apartment or housing for players.

What we want to do is not take a step with ship interiors where they are like housing to the point where you're the only one who really goes there, you're the only guy who hangs out and just shows off trophies for you -

-but in the ship interiors, there's stuff for you to do. There [are] activites. There is content within there that you can participate in to actually make your character better; that we're not just putting deck after deck of emtpy rooms populated with NPCs.

You have your engineering room, you have your science room and there are actually minigames there that you can do there to create: be it commodities or consumables that you can use that maybe you as a science officer can make better consumables than other players. You can get players to come to you ship and do those things. So, we're really trying to make the interior of the ships not these vast areas that are pretty much bereft of things to do but really have things that you can actually do and participate in and play when you're in he interior of the ship.
Furthermore, dstahl even mentioned this a long time ago:
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Here's what Zinc said (from a Subspace Radio Interview during the last month):
Hmm... it sounds promising but not close to a functional or realistic state, more like down the road plans, although they've been talking about ship interiors for awhile and they must have some of it done beyond a ready room.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:

Furthermore, dstahl even mentioned this a long time ago:
Thanks! That's what I remember reading! I wonder if the plan is still the same.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Thanks! That's what I remember reading! I wonder if the plan is still the same.
Well, there are (hypothetically, of course) resource files for some different minigame in the .hoggs. It's hard to get a good idea of what form that game will take though.

However, it is referenced (in theory).

If I'm being vague, it's because there's a EULA.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-10-2010, 01:06 PM
If it does then that means my doctor would now have a proper place to go not that I dont mined the TOS style of Doctor, First Officer and Captain all being on the bridge at the same time.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Well, there are (hypothetically, of course) resource files for some different minigame in the .hoggs. It's hard to get a good idea of what form that game will take though.

However, it is referenced (in theory).

If I'm being vague, it's because there's a EULA.
OK, that's good enough for me.