both the same player, scary ain't it.
I think I wet myself.
Lt. Commander
# 102
07-17-2010, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
/bind q "+TrayExecByTray 3 0 $$ +TrayExecByTray 3 1"

I had that in that post... this would run the first and second powers on tray 4.
So you would want to put your emergency powers in those slots.

I would suggest you start with this keybind. Put Emergency power to shields in slots 1 and 2. This will also distribute your shield power when you hit it.

/bind q "+TrayExecByTray 3 0 $$ +TrayExecByTray 3 1 $$ +Power_Exec Distribute_Shields"

You can expand on that key bind and more powers like say aux to sif... or what ever makes sense for you.

You can also bind things to the space bar like this

/bind space "+TrayExecByTray 0 0 $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 1 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers"

This would run the first 2 powers on tray 1... so you could say put rapid fire III in slot 1 and Rapid fire II in slot 2.
Then when you are firing with your space bar like normal, it will run rapid fire when ever it is ready.
You can also add to that and include attack patterns or what ever you are using.
I keep seeing players say tray four,but we can only see three trays that I know, so is the 4th just rolled offscreen? I use tray one, ALT+# for tray 2 and CTRL+# in tray 3 for all my powers. Iam missing something that powers donot have to be visible in an tray and accessable to be used in keybinds? If so I have some ideas for new KB's I need to put in place.
Lt. Commander
# 103
07-17-2010, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I keep seeing players say tray four,but we can only see three trays that I know, so is the 4th just rolled offscreen? I use tray one, ALT+# for tray 2 and CTRL+# in tray 3 for all my powers. Iam missing something that powers donot have to be visible in an tray and accessable to be used in keybinds? If so I have some ideas for new KB's I need to put in place.
There should be a small up down button on the left side of each tray. There are a total of 10 trays.
You could keybind stuff from your 1 2 or 3 trays if you want too. I just like to use a tray I don't keep up so I can swap out the powers keybound there with out having to remember which numbers on the tray get activated.
Lt. Commander
# 104
07-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Quote:
There should be a small up down button on the left side of each tray. There are a total of 10 trays.
You could keybind stuff from your 1 2 or 3 trays if you want too. I just like to use a tray I don't keep up so I can swap out the powers keybound there with out having to remember which numbers on the tray get activated.
I just wasn't aware the power were still active when offscreen. This means somechanges are in order. ty.
Lt. Commander
# 105
07-17-2010, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I just wasn't aware the power were still active when offscreen. This means somechanges are in order. ty.
Ya I like to keep 4 tabs for my keybinds.

Tray 4 = Defense... so I order the most importent to the leaset... ie EPTS 2 then EPTS 1 Then TSS 2 then Aux to SIf... keybound with distribut shields. So I mash the button I bound and keep my shields and hull top up going.

Tray 5 = Offense.. So. In slot 1 Rapid Fire III slot 2 Rapid Fire II... Slot 3 Beta I... SLot 4 Alpha... bound with Fire all phasers.

Tray 6 = Secondary Offense (TORPS)... Slot 1 HY Slot 2 FOMM bound wiht fire all torps.

Tray 7 = EMERGENCY GO Powers... slot 1 Engin Battary.. slot 2 Aux to Damp (When I am using it)... Slot 3 Evasive manuvers.

This way if I change boffs... I can switch to that tray. and change our or reorder my skills to fire best one first.

This way I can arange my main ones in what makes sense to fire off things I don't key bind in the 1-12 slots. I use a razor Naga and have anything secondary on my thumb. So I can smack things like Eng Team Sci Team or haz emitetters nice and quick.
Lt. Commander
# 106
07-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Ya I like to keep 4 tabs for my keybinds.

Tray 4 = Defense... so I order the most importent to the leaset... ie EPTS 2 then EPTS 1 Then TSS 2 then Aux to SIf... keybound with distribut shields. So I mash the button I bound and keep my shields and hull top up going.

Tray 5 = Offense.. So. In slot 1 Rapid Fire III slot 2 Rapid Fire II... Slot 3 Beta I... SLot 4 Alpha... bound with Fire all phasers.

Tray 6 = Secondary Offense (TORPS)... Slot 1 HY Slot 2 FOMM bound wiht fire all torps.

Tray 7 = EMERGENCY GO Powers... slot 1 Engin Battary.. slot 2 Aux to Damp (When I am using it)... Slot 3 Evasive manuvers.

This way if I change boffs... I can switch to that tray. and change our or reorder my skills to fire best one first.

This way I can arange my main ones in what makes sense to fire off things I don't key bind in the 1-12 slots. I use a razor Naga and have anything secondary on my thumb. So I can smack things like Eng Team Sci Team or haz emitetters nice and quick.
TY again. I've been playing around with the KB's you posted and it is very helpful. I'll share my ideas after more testing.

I do prefer omega over beta.