Lt. Commander
# 21
07-11-2010, 03:00 PM
What about multiple instances of the Rift boxing you in?

Just blast through it?

Works some time, but I'd rather have less spectacular magic powers in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-11-2010, 03:15 PM
I find logging out helps me. Is that canon?
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
What about multiple instances of the Rift boxing you in?

Just blast through it?

Works some time, but I'd rather have less spectacular magic powers in STO.
You ran into a PUG that had more then one SCI Ship... REALLY???
I'm sure if you do run into a pug with more then one sci ship... they would be better off Chain spamming CPB or Shockwave on you then using either of the rift powers.

And ya... crank your engine power and fly right out of em. lol
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-11-2010, 08:24 PM
I had a pug with 3 Sci ships, that was fun.

Basically Rift, Rift, VM, SNB, Leech engines, Leech weapons, boom.

I'd rather have ships fighting each other with I don't know maybe weapons for a change?
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-12-2010, 12:20 AM
They VM'd you, and the point of that post S1.1 is what again?

That combo they did on you is pretty weak, my favorite way to get out of those things....ramming speed, you should try ramming a gravity well... now that's fun.

If you want to know a nasty combo it's Photonic shockwave + tractor beam repulsors, DPS, DPS, DPS, Boom....lolololol

as for the main topic
I'd Like BoPs to have regimented BO slots like every other ship in the game. PVP would be better without universal BO slots, or it would be better if everyone had them.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-12-2010, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram0207 View Post
If you want to know a nasty combo it's Photonic shockwave + tractor beam repulsors, DPS, DPS, DPS, Boom....lolololol
Thats not nasty combo, thats bug abusing. Its fixed on tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-12-2010, 12:22 AM
It's still nasty..... weather it's a bug exploit or not (I know it is).
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-12-2010, 12:27 AM
Oh, and if BoPs wouldnt have universal stations ? what would you give them, to compensate their wide array of maluses and disadvantages ?

Keep in mind, that not all of us BoP pilots, play sci "mobile turret" spamming scatter volley with photonic shockawave and tractor repulsors ships ...

If you play it more traditional way, its no way overpowered (the universal stations).
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-12-2010, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Oh, and if BoPs wouldnt have universal stations ? what would you give them, to compensate their wide array of maluses and disadvantages ?
well why don't you compare it to the t5 defiant and see what I'm thinking it should be, except you'll still get battle cloak. otherwise why not make it what most klinks seem to make it, a science vessel. (I know the carrier is supposed to be a sci vessel but lol, carrier....). If you remove the universal BO slots it's nothing, the raptor should be your primary DPS vessel, but it's not.

Quote:
Keep in mind, that not all of us BoP pilots, play sci "mobile turret" spamming scatter volley with photonic shockawave and tractor repulsors ships ...

If you play it more traditional way, its no way overpowered (the universal stations).
So you use it in PVE then? If your ship has the ability to be very powerful, without exploiting glitches or bugs, then why not take advantage of it? Also the ships I have problems with are not the ones using PS and TBR, it's the ones RSP stacking as well as shield resist stacking, then BCing till the CDs are back up. It's totally a valid strategy, but outside of ram and SNB there isn't much to counter it other than bleed through, and for the most part this mechanic is in place in S2, although not as strong, but the ram counter is removed.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-12-2010, 12:57 AM
I would just give klingons proper science vessel and leave BoP whats it supposed to be, a raider.

I like BoP, because of its battle cloak, hit and run possiblities, but i play it as raptor with better engineering abiltiies. While majority of those "Sci" Bops, just use the battlecloak as an escape ability, i use it as offensive ability.

Beside, its the only ship, which allows me to take both high rank tactical/engineering stations (DEM, higher rank of EP-W).

Again, keep in mind, that not all players are using cookier cutter science builds with BoP. So you cant nerf BoP, just because of beforementioned mobile turrets, such as Santa

Just give klingons a science ship, and leave BoP as it is.