Lt. Commander
# 1 Startrek online 2008,
07-11-2010, 09:28 AM
http://vimeo.com/1504688?pg=embed&sec=1504688
whoa that guy is awesome describing that game so nicely. I want that startrekonline.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
whoa that guy is awesome describing that game so nicely. I want that startrekonline.
Wow, when you hear that and then look at what the game actually is today, someone needs to realize they colossally failed...even by their own internal standards. Well, except for the making lots of money for themselves part!
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-11-2010, 12:23 PM
It might be that game in a year !
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaboy View Post
It might be that game in a year !
Yeah right.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-14-2010, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena

LOL..........
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-14-2010, 09:47 AM
Skip to 18:30.

Fleets building "shipyards that will make you bigger, larger ships, which can then be handed out to the rest of the fleet." ....that would be awesome.

As it stands now, this game is basically a single player game with multi-player capability.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-14-2010, 06:22 PM
That was probably my biggest disappointment with the game.

EVERYONE could immediately get the most awesome ships in the Star Trek universe upon hitting RA.

There were no qualifiers to obtain the ships other then just grinding to RA.

Seeing a hundred thousand Sovereign class Cruisers was pretty dumb and a major letdown.

At least make it a little hard, not impossible, but challenging.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-14-2010, 07:42 PM
skip to minute 14. where he talks about exploration and new civilizations and worlds.....and discovery. then we got a random mission generator instead.

oh perpetual why thee went bankrupt?

i predict the browser bassed st mmo will be better.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-15-2010, 12:01 AM
So, did anyone email Craig about their characters or ships being nerfed yet?

In all seriousness, Yeah I am only slightly disappointed in some of the content in the game from what they described, but I am hopeful that by this time next year the game is more fully developed..

As nice as it is to listen to the players, the game's creators also have to seem to have a good Idea on where their product will be, both story and content wise.. I've been worried so far. Because sure we're getting new content, but the content doesn't feel like it's enough in the right areas.

Since the game came out, I've seen MORE for the federation then the Klingon. Granted, the federation is the larger population, and the more popular side to play. Especially since Klingon is the more PVP Orientated side of the game. And sure there might be a couple things coming out for the Klingons this coming Season 2. But honestly, after being on tribble, it doesn't feel like it's enough. I would love to see Cryptic devote an entire update in the future, to the Klingons. Both in content, and in ship designs or Races introduced. I'd also like to see more about the going on with the War between the Klingon and the Federation. Sure it's nice that the Borg are a more universal enemy, same for the Undine (Species 8472) how ever the Federation has had their day in the sun, I think it's high time that the Klingon Empire be given some love, if not at least get some more stories written for the Klingons. Both High level, and low level in a more broad viewing.

Let space run red with bloodwine. And let the stars tremble with the sounds of Klingon disruptors before whispering into the haze of a cloaking device.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-15-2010, 09:04 AM
this is the startrek we all wanted yes