Lt. Commander
I would really like to see some of the older Starbases around, like from TNG and TOS. They were very Iconic and with out them the games feels not completely Star Trek.

I would love to fly my Ship into the Docking bay of one of the large Starbases.

But besides that I would like to have a chance to defend a starbase, or destroy a starbase.

It should be a massive Pvp Warzone. It would contain some AI defending the Starbase, but allow both factions to join and fight to a time limit of sort.

If the Star base stays alive then the defenders win. If the Starbase Blows up the Attackers win. One cool factor that would be fun is when the Starbase Blows up it would create a massive explosion and destroy most or all ships with in a 10-15km area around it. That would just be mostly for the fun factor of watching everyone try to run away and abbandon the Starbase.

I must say this starbase must be huge though. Like in Scout force.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BW007
I would really like to see some of the older Starbases around, like from TNG and TOS. They were very Iconic and with out them the games feels not completely Star Trek.

I would love to fly my Ship into the Docking bay of one of the large Starbases.

But besides that I would like to have a chance to defend a starbase, or destroy a starbase.

It should be a massive Pvp Warzone. It would contain some AI defending the Starbase, but allow both factions to join and fight to a time limit of sort.

If the Star base stays alive then the defenders win. If the Starbase Blows up the Attackers win. One cool factor that would be fun is when the Starbase Blows up it would create a massive explosion and destroy most or all ships with in a 10-15km area around it. That would just be mostly for the fun factor of watching everyone try to run away and abbandon the Starbase.

I must say this starbase must be huge though. Like in Scout force.
Well u get a pve attack and breakout etc this time
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Only if the Feds get to attack Klingon Star Bases, and from the looks of PVP the Klink's will be beaten back to one sector within a month.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-11-2010, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post
Well u get a pve attack and breakout etc this time
Im not very satisfied with that no open pvp aspect. I am ussually not one to say those words not happy. lol I am ussually a happy person, but this is one point that has saddened my experience with STO.

I feel STO is moving in the right direction, but some things need to be added like this. And I am not a big Pvper, however there is a nature in fighting other humans beings that you will never get from fighting an Npc. I find the only reason some peopel dont like Pvp is due to dishonorbale sportmanship many love to portray.

I enjoy the interactions between allies and enemy's, especially when both sides understand sportsmanship.
I like fun Trash talk but only if both parties know eachother well.

If people decide to trash talk, just to pick fights. I simply laugh to my self about their need to prove themselves better then all around them. People who do this, fear themselves as the weaker and can only feel better by forever trying to prove themselves superior to all others around them. But advice to those people, there will always be someone better so dont spend your life, worrying about not being good enough. Try not to take your frustrations out on inocent people. Work with what you have been given dont travel down a road of enevitablte disapointment.

Honor is something that is sometimes lacking in this world. If anyone forgot out there Honor is simply the ability to respect other people/creatures/idea's.

It is about respecting your self and the existance of other people and things around you. When you start to baithing only in the glory of yourself, which many in this community do, you will forget the meaning of honor and one of the main points of Star Trek.

Dont be distracted by your own glory, but be distracted by the goals of the community and the general direction of good faith in other's.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalsgt View Post
Only if the Feds get to attack Klingon Star Bases, and from the looks of PVP the Klink's will be beaten back to one sector within a month.
It would be a persistant Fleet Action like Scout Force but you would be having it reset every 5 min over and over and over.

You would be able to join in the Fleet action like any other Fleet action even if it is in the middle of the fight.

That would make it possible to call for help from Allies or fellow Fleet members ingame. It would be awsome to see a wave of reinforcements come in or a wave of enemy ships entering.

The instance should be limited to 20- 30. min on one side should be 10 and maximum should be 20.

That way there is the potential of being beat by numbers, and make a mission that forces fleets to group up quickly when joining. Other wise they would not gain access to it.

I also think they could make is 1 big instance, rather then break it up into several small instances like Scout Force. All levels would be welcome and you would enter at your own risk.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Example

Total # Fed players and Klingons players in instance added together = 30 max.

Total Min # of a single faction = 10 players before instance would load up a new starbase.

Total Max # of a single faction = 20 players therefore there could be a number disparity between different Battles.

Lets say the first to join gets to play, and if you miss the battle you must wait in Sector space until the next Instance is open. Much like Pvp Ques.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-11-2010, 12:21 PM
I like your idea. It brings to mind something like wow's Wintergrasp. The winner controlling something in the game for a time.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-11-2010, 12:23 PM
You can attack a starbase of the opposing side in the resource salvage PVP map. Last time I did it on my Klingon, our team had every node capped and we had taken the fight to the starfleet base/respawn point itself. It was pretty epic.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrinx
I like your idea. It brings to mind something like wow's Wintergrasp. The winner controlling something in the game for a time.
You should check out my capturable sector block thread.

This thread here is not asmuch about capturing anything as it is destroying an outpost.

This is simply a never ending battle. They could have a Klingons Space Station in Klingon Space and a Fed Space station at the border in Fed Space..

Near the warzone area. They could claim they are border outposts ment to defend the neutral zone.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
You can attack a starbase of the opposing side in the resource salvage PVP map. Last time I did it on my Klingon, our team had every node capped and we had taken the fight to the starfleet base/respawn point itself. It was pretty epic.
Thats sounds fun, but that pushes the limit of camping rather then and actual assault. If you see how I mean.

The feds did not really have a chance to set up a defense fleet wise, They would just appear and pop for you.

Imagine you guys coming to take down a whole starbase in mass! I could see this becoming epic. Lets say they could increase the number of players in the instance from 30 to 50.

That would be an awsome fleet event for fleets to take part in.