Lt. Commander
# 21
07-11-2010, 06:42 PM
I think that balancing will be a forever battle, just as in real life.

When one country develops a new weapon, another develops a new weapon to counter it. The factions will ultimately be battling the balancing issue to the end of time. But the good thing is that the balancing aspect gives Cryptic job security, if we can manage to accept that sometimes in war you enemy gains the advantage sometimes.

What matters is how your faction, adapts and over comes the obstacles faced against it.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-11-2010, 09:44 PM
I like this idea as well, I would like to see PvP be more than just an instanced thing. Feds are at war with the klinks, yet there is no in game reward for contributing to the war effort
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BW007
I would really like to see some of the older Starbases around, like from TNG and TOS. They were very Iconic and with out them the games feels not completely Star Trek.
/sign, sounds like fun
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-12-2010, 01:50 AM
Thank you guys for your support.

I think there are a lot of options that the Devs could go with this Idea. It is just for them to look at it and decide if they will go in this direction some day. I hope sooner then later. But Im staying with STO till the end one way or the other. Cryptic you will always have my faith until the fat lady sings.

One more idea I was thinking is that there should be sensor arrays spread out over the map that can detect cloak. Sensor arrays that the klingons may need to take out inorder to approach the starbase stealth like.

Other wise the position of the klingon force would be exposed and the feds would have pick up the klingons on the mini map. This may be difficult to program though.

This could be a spooky thing watching the sensor arrays pop one by one in the distance. Reminds me of ghost busters in the trial, where the chairs popped out one by one closer and closer until surprise!! There would not need to be very many arrays just a small circle encompasing the Starbase.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-12-2010, 01:57 AM
Starbase attacks and defenses would be cool, but I doubt that under this Company and Devs staff a decent Klingon Faction will happen any time soon.
The time has passed for that and the gap between Fed and Klings is to deep to bridge with a single patch.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-12-2010, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
Starbase attacks and defenses would be cool, but I doubt that under this Company and Devs staff a decent Klingon Faction will happen any time soon.
The time has passed for that and the gap between Fed and Klings is to deep to bridge with a single patch.
Never said I expect one patch. This will come in time. We must just be patient and help support the game so this type of patch can come to fruitation.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-12-2010, 02:21 AM
/Signed sounds like an awesome idea
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-12-2010, 06:06 AM
I like this idea, but they will have to un-handicap the Klinks on the cloaking related weak hulls and shields then to make things fair.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-12-2010, 01:13 PM
I say they should worry more about giving the players more game play options first and then they can see how they need to balance aftter.

I was use to hearing about how over powered the klings where and now people are complainging the opposite.

this is something that will never end. so rather then address balancing first I think they need to address making better maps for people to Pvp in.

People will forever complain about balancing!!!

But everyone would be happy with new areana maps at least

Starbase Deffensive/ Offensive

Wormhole race

Black hole death areana. Black hole in center of map that if you get too close will pullyou in and kill you. Unless you hit evasive or full impulse.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Heh, you reminded me of the beta event when the Klingons attacked the Sol Starbase... one ship popping in at a time.

That event didn't go too well....