Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
07-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Ya, I saw the pilot episode, and was disgruntled by the design of the ship, the unforms and the obvious and (imo) inapproroate pandering to sexuality. I mean, was it really necessary to have T'Pol in her underwear getting greased up? If I want to see that, there's a strip club up the street. It kind of put me off.

However, now that Ive watched a few episodes, I'm rather impressed. It still suffered from some of those things (why were the Romulans wearing TNG uniforms?), but the stories were often really good once you looked past those things.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-11-2010, 10:11 PM
I loved all the series PERIOD!

Oh and all the movies, except in Star Trek (2009) when Vulcan was destroyed...I cried in the threater with everyone else lol (was at a viewing 2 weeks before release xD ). And tbh I somewhat hate the new film because everyone will think it's true Star Trek and that we're technically starting from the beginning again...not sure why we can't create a new ship and crew lol....it doesn't have to be an Enterprise
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanny.ansar View Post
Wait, Vulcan Pa'Nar syndrome?

....Actually, now that i think of it, the Memory Alpha Description of it kinda does sound like an indirect reference to AIDS.

In all honesty, i never really watched Enterprise. Not for the bad story or the mediocre acting. It threw me off when i saw that the NX-01 Enterprise ended up looking more advanced than the TOS Enterprise, although it was set in a Pre-Kirk timeline.

(P.S, NX-01 Enterprise = Akira Class, but flipped.)
Do you think ANYONE would have even watched Season 1 if they made the ship look like it was LESS advanced then a badly done set from the '60's?

Enterprise looked advanced because they took what we have TODAY and advanced it slightly, which was what they should have done and did.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-12-2010, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan_chShran View Post
Do you think ANYONE would have even watched Season 1 if they made the ship look like it was LESS advanced then a badly done set from the '60's?

Enterprise looked advanced because they took what we have TODAY and advanced it slightly, which was what they should have done and did.
Agreed. I mean I love TOS but my living room looks more advanced. Great stories but you have to overlook certain things, like the circular paper chart recorder in the back of the TOS shuttle craft or the incandescent lights, or the old time switches or the very dated circuit boards when they work on stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-12-2010, 12:36 AM
Enterprise had certainly a few good episodes.

My ... well, not necessarily favorite, but one I very much enjoyed was the one on Risa.
Hoshi is hot. and got laid!
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-12-2010, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpVis View Post
Agreed. I mean I love TOS but my living room looks more advanced. Great stories but you have to overlook certain things, like the circular paper chart recorder in the back of the TOS shuttle craft or the incandescent lights, or the old time switches or the very dated circuit boards when they work on stuff.
You do realize the US Navy visted those sets because they were interested in copying the basic design? No one says the tech needs to look like stone knives and bearskins, but it shouldn't have looked as advanced as that. I've seen better designs made by SFC players. The NX-01 was just an upside down Akira, and that is just lazy.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-12-2010, 12:49 AM
Thanks fo that list Aslan, aside from 'dear doctor' they all remind me why i don't want to watch enterprise again.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-12-2010, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
You do realize the US Navy visted those sets because they were interested in copying the basic design? No one says the tech needs to look like stone knives and bearskins, but it shouldn't have looked as advanced as that. I've seen better designs made by SFC players. The NX-01 was just an upside down Akira, and that is just lazy.
So. The TOS Enterprise was upside down, as was the Reliant. The fact is they all look better that way.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-12-2010, 01:44 AM
I watched the episode where there a 2 beings which take over bodies temporarily to see how the Enterprise copes with a lethal disease.

And I loved it.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-12-2010, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
Thanks fo that list Aslan, aside from 'dear doctor' they all remind me why i don't want to watch enterprise again.
No problem, m'man, you're loss but no skin of my back