Lt. Commander
# 1 A returning player
07-11-2010, 11:30 PM
I left sto for a couple months, when i left the crafting/research at memory alpha was not so complicated. You finnished with one npc and moved on to the next one, when you completed enough items for said npc. Upon my return i am just confused on how it works now. I get that theres three differant sections to research in, so i chose the section built around tactical officers. The problem i ran into is in general research i completed a 500/500. What does this mean? What do i do now? Whats these r&d points i am seeing? Any help on this would be apreciated thank you
Lt. Commander
# 2 crafting mad easier
07-12-2010, 12:11 AM
The crafting process was much harder before.
Now everyone knows what can be crafted and how much of everything is needed.
It also stop he price gouging on the exchange for the items needed to be crafted.
all you need to do now is move down the list. thats all.
have tons of samples like myself all you need do is make sure you have lots of energy credits and just
move down the list and craft everything. then your done. I know players who are done and still have tons of
samples. The sell them on the exchange and make a killing.
Before you had to guess how much you had to craft and what to do.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-12-2010, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworoth View Post
The problem i ran into is in general research i completed a 500/500. What does this mean? What do i do now? Whats these r&d points i am seeing? Any help on this would be apreciated thank you
Since you're 500/500 in general research, you should be able to start basic crafting in any of the other 3 branches (or even all of them). Just talk to the proper trainer in each area. There are 2, one for basic the other for advanced. The basic trainers should give you an option to train and then you'll start at 1/500 for that particular branch.

Then it's as USS_Enterprise_J says, just move down the list. Also, there are other NPCs now (usually Ferengi) that sell the common ("white") items needed for all recipes. With a slight mark up, of course.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-12-2010, 04:29 AM
Thank you for the information