Lt. Commander
I don't know if this has been suggested, if it has, I apologize. I am on the exchange constantly, buying, selling, etc. One thing both as a buyer and a seller that I feel is missing is the ability to "Sort by Bargain".

The current "Sort by Price" option arranges it so that the lot that costs the least is first, regardless of its quantity. The "Sort by Bargain" option would take quantity into account.

For instance, in Sort by Price, you might see this:

1 Item(s) for 100 Energy Credits (this is 100 EC per item)
2 Item(s) for 400 Energy Credits (this is 200 EC per item)
6 Item(s) for 500 Energy Credits (this is ~83 EC per item)

With Sort by Bargain, you would instead see this:

6 Item(s) for 500 Energy Credits (this is ~83 EC per item)
1 Item(s) for 100 Energy Credits (this is 100 EC per item)
2 Item(s) for 400 Energy Credits (this is 200 EC per item)

This would allow those who want to buy and sell in bulk to more easily do so, as currently, even if you have a significantly better deal than the first item on the list, it may be back several pages. This also encourages/forces people who want to sell their items quickly to sell in single item lots. Allowing for Sort by Bargain would allow a greater freedom in how people buy and sell.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-12-2010, 06:12 AM
I usually just skip forward till I find the lowest priced max sized stack availible, whether that be 20 shield batteries or 99 anomalies. Why would you want to buy one at a time? It's almost never cheaper.

~D
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-12-2010, 09:38 AM
I like the idea. I had noticed very same thing and had been a little irritated by it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-12-2010, 10:15 AM
i get the idea of your post, but really?

do people not desire to read what they are looking at anymore?

its not that hard to see if there is a small number attached to the icon to designate multiple units within the purchase.

i think the simple sorting they have revamped for us is just fne.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-12-2010, 04:01 PM
The last dev post made on this topic stated that they are working on expanding the exchange searching options, but have some tricky bugs to work around and that it would "be awhile" before they update the exchange again.

These things take time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Currently the only thing I want is teh ability to sort Federation and Klingon only items. I was looking for a Klingon Boff for my KDF character and most of the choices where starfleet klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-13-2010, 04:18 AM
Please keep your posts clean. ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-13-2010, 06:52 AM
it'll happen down the raod. for now let them pack this game with content seeing as how the exchnge isnt even needed in this game you can get insane gear by doing dailies and consoles from exploration missions. exchange is a mostly useless feature that im betting the devs will largely ignore.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Sort functions are something that usually is not too difficult to implement and troubleshoot. They also probably would not take anyone off of content, character, or model design. It is a straight-up software issue. While I don't expect something to be done immediately I also would not expect them to put better search/sort functions way off in the distant future. i would expect improvement over the course of the next year. Maybe not this particular approach but something that does improve the way items are displayed.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Please keep your posts clean. ~GM Tiyshen