Lt. Commander
Hey!

Was just wondering, does it matter WHERE you sell your items? I mean you can sell your stuff at the replicator, Trade ships or at the different star bases. But do you get the exact same sell when using the replicator or trade ship or Star base?

Thanks in advance
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-12-2010, 03:58 AM
NPCs vary their scale in buying items. The "Requisition Starship components" (in Engineering/Ships) is probably the best NPC buyer of your spares, as they always give around half of your item's value.

The Exchange is the best place to sell things (provided you don't inflate the price) as you can put these on the exchange at face value or even slightly higher.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-12-2010, 05:43 AM
Whatever you do do *not* sell to a Ferengi. . .they kinda rip you off. Any of the merchants at Sol will give you the best vendor pricing, for many green and blue items the trader is even better as stated, even some whites can sell for a decent price. The chance you take is that it will sit there and noone will buy it. It is all a game of patience.

~D

EDIT: the simplest way to use the trader is to run a search for the item you wish to sell. Make sure that you have the proper rank and rarity selected, that will give you a fairly accurate representation of the *current* market value.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-12-2010, 06:18 AM
from what I've heard NPCs give you 50% of the value. The replicator gives you 40%. I've sold everything through the replicator because I'm too lazy to find an NPC, honestly I have more energy credits then I know what to do with.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-12-2010, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
from what I've heard NPCs give you 50% of the value. The replicator gives you 40%. I've sold everything through the replicator because I'm too lazy to find an NPC, honestly I have more energy credits then I know what to do with.
I do that for low value items. The higher value items I keep until I can get back to an NPC. The extra 10% on 40k items is 4k.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-12-2010, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
I do that for low value items. The higher value items I keep until I can get back to an NPC. The extra 10% on 40k items is 4k.
that's true, but once you reach end game, the best items aren't bought with energy credits so in my opinion it doesn't make much of a difference
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-12-2010, 08:37 AM
Quote:
that's true, but once you reach end game, the best items aren't bought with energy credits so in my opinion it doesn't make much of a difference
BO's cost energy credits, if you are inclined to purchase them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
BO's cost energy credits, if you are inclined to purchase them.
You can still make enough through the replicator. Nearly every item I ever looted on all 3 of my fed characters was sold through the replicator. The only time I really used the exchange was after I reached RA5 with each character. Still the majority of my energy credits came from the replicator.

I'm not saying that selling to an NPC is bad, I'm just saying that selling through the replicator is just as good.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-12-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
You can still make enough through the replicator. Nearly every item I ever looted on all 3 of my fed characters was sold through the replicator. The only time I really used the exchange was after I reached RA5 with each character. Still the majority of my energy credits came from the replicator.

I'm not saying that selling to an NPC is bad, I'm just saying that selling through the replicator is just as good.
NPC vendors usually buy for 50% face value. (Some buy at 40%.)
Replicator returns 40% face value.
Ferengi return 30%.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym_Quirk
NPC vendors usually buy for 50% face value. (Some buy at 40%.)
Replicator returns 40% face value.
Ferengi return 30%.
I know, I just said that, 4th post from the top.