Lt. Commander
# 1 Improved Ground Combat?
07-12-2010, 05:09 AM
Played STO when it was first launched and enjoyed it but had degree work and exams so couldn't really give it my time, recently resubbed and was curious if ground combat has been improved from the kinda dry approach it had before

Thanks in advance, at work at the mo and will login when I get home WOO
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-12-2010, 05:20 AM
Apart from the occasional fix, there really hasn't been any real changes to ground combat, save these two features:
Sidekick teaming - when in a team of many players, you can play at the team leaders rank.
Difficulty slider - makes enemies harder, as well as giving death penalties.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-12-2010, 05:30 AM
Thanks for that no big problem, whats endgame like now? Just before I left alot of people were complaining that there was very little endgame

I always love PvP how has that panned out

I know I can read about all these changes buts generally more informative to have actual players reactions and opinions

Thanks in advance
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-12-2010, 12:24 PM
If the last time you experienced ground combat was around launch, then there is one significant improvement: BO pathing. I think it was around Season 1 or so when pathing was improved to the point where a simple doorway would no longer confuse or stump your away team.

Anyway, the two features MGDawson mention also apply to space combat, so that's really nice.

As far as endgame goes, it's still exploration/STF/PvP. As a month-old RA5, I find enough enjoyment just doing exploration on elite difficulty -- especially ground combat.