Lt. Commander
# 1 Dan Stahl on STO-Radio
07-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Executive Producer Dan Stahl spoke with the team at STO-Radio/Hailing Frequency over the weekend. Give it a listen here.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-12-2010, 01:18 PM
i am right now
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Posted from another thread: Is it me or did it sound like they're on the fence about actually releasing ship interiors in Season 2? Can we get a dev or DStahl to comment on this?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulDreamer View Post
Posted from another thread: Is it me or did it sound like they're on the fence about actually releasing ship interiors in Season 2? Can we get a dev or DStahl to comment on this?
hmm just listened to that, i really think they should release ship interiors for season 2. if they need to improve it later then so be it but delaying interiors after saying its a few days away might not be a good idea as that is a feature that everybody wants so badly. delay would cause much nerd rage and no one wants that

i did like the idea of finally fixing the task forces and making it solo friendly
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulDreamer View Post
As much as I'd love to see ship interiors, he did mention that they were throwing around the idea of being able to make them the way YOU want them to look. This right here, if this is what they are planning, I seriously won't mind waiting for this to happen.

Also, Thanks Rekhan!
Lt. Commander
# 6 hmmm....
07-12-2010, 02:04 PM
some might call me crazy but i'm not completely sure i'm that huge a fan of that idea. I mean, in the true ST universe captains don't decide their interior ship design. at least not that i have ever seen. I mean customizing specific rooms could be cool, but i guess i'd rather have set interiors to choose from. for now it's only 3 designs, but eventually have a handful of designs for each class of ship.

as far as the building your own, i would think that if they are indeed wanting to implement that, why not just add it as an option around the same time that fleet starbases come in. i would think it would be relatively similar tech to do it.

but that's just my thoughts. ::steps down from soapbox::
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-12-2010, 02:06 PM
The idea of adding UGC missions to specific planets sounds way more awesome than the holographic or pocket universe or dedicated star cluster approach.

It'd be cool if you got to a system and a map of the system came up with planets that had little dots (like a Google Maps version of the system) with descriptions about each mission.

Great interview!
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-12-2010, 02:09 PM
im not in love with the idea of building my own floor plan. personally im happy for them to make it how they feel is best rather than me trying to rearrange the interiors.

im ok with it being added eventually as im sure some people want that but if they can find a way to put them in for season 2, then improve them later for people who want to play around with the floor plan then that would be a win/win.

i get the feeling from the posts i see that many people think ships interiors are more important than actual content. a delay is really going to annoy so many people. if i have to wait for it so be it, but this is something ive been looking forward to.

if it happens, then it happens. im sure the process is pretty complex but im desperate to see them
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-12-2010, 02:12 PM
also assuming i heard this correctly the daily fleet action will change each day. is that right?

so Monday it might be the minefield, and tuesday it might be retaking ds9. with a special reward for doing it. thats a really cool idea if i heard right on top of the loose banding structure to help populate them.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-12-2010, 02:19 PM
I too have to say I was really looking forward to the new ship interiors; and for 'degining them; seriously, if something is ready (with minigames for sickbay and engineering as has been mentioned by the Devs in the past); I'd like to see it pushed for Testing and feedback, and if the tech comes later (as part of a User Generated content system) to allow us to customize those spaces, great.

But, I'd rather have something in now; then wait for a UGC system that may or may not make it into the game at some point. Also realize that while there will be a lot of people who do want to design their ship interiors, I think there are also those (many in fact) who just want to be able to go there and do momething (ie a minigame, or some 'on your ship' missions <--- which were also mentioned as a possiblity once more ship interiors were available.

But, like others here, one thing I was really looking forward too in Season 2.0 was the expansion of ship interior spaces with some minigames to go with them.

Just my two credits.