Lt. Commander
# 131
07-14-2010, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
If these ships are to b c-store items anyway I want the Ent J, PLEASE! I have no interest in the excelsior of nebula but I would def buy the Ent J.

Unfortunately, I think the Enterprise J is much too far in the future for this game

Not to say STO has strictly followed canon thus far, but I don't think we'll be seeing that ship.
Lt. Commander
# 132
07-14-2010, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoSD
Y'all do realize that due to the self made reused engine, and MASSIVE preorder sales, Star Trek Online more then broke even, and is currently in pure profit mode, yes?

Arguing that they do this to pay off what they owe CBS is folly. They are just keeping the servers on.
I'm not gonna pretend I know anything about Cryptic's business model or pricing structure, but surely the Star Trek license alone is pretty pricey, no?
Lt. Commander
# 133
07-14-2010, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeOnline View Post
SIege of Mirkwoood released December 1, 2009. We still have just shy of 4 months until the next release, so excuse me, 11 months rather than a year. In the interim we recieved arguably one of the most content-light free expansions in the entire history of the game. The seasonal events are bigger than the prologue of saying 'hi' to every named ranger in Eriador.
Where are you getting this four months date? Not from Turbine. You're making assumptions as to what they mean by "Fall 2010".

Quote:
Going from release date to release date, which I imagine trails the work dates by a certain margin, yeah, they've had most of a year off from making content. I sure hope they're feeling rested.
No, they're not rested by any stretch of the imagination. Being closely related to one of said devs, I *know* this statement is false.

Quote:
So am I. You're allowed to interpret the facts however you like. What I see is a game that has had a radical reorganization, one which has occured at the same time as the ultimate nadir of mission content production in the history of the game. You do not do that for healthy games.
What radical reorganization? The addition of f2p and the store? Being bought by a major company (Time Warner) with deeper pockets?

Note that the majority of the *original* dev team is still there, despite forum speculation. Again, just because content hasn't been released as fast as you'd like, doesn't mean it hasn't been in the works. There are many things that can affect release schedules, both technical and business-related -- ask the STO team. Or any MMO team for that matter.

Quote:
Um, what do you think the point of such a system is? They spent all that coding and development time for yuks?
To make money, much of it off of f2p and Premium players who can't obtain a lot of the content and such any other way. There will also be cosmetic and convenience items that subscribers will probably be interested in. But again, that will be the subscribers' choice, just like the C-Store is here. I've bought things from the C-Store (costumes, bridges, character slots) because I wanted to, but nothing I've gotten is necessary. That is, I bought them by choice, not because I had to.

That's what the LOTRO store is aimed at for subscribers as well: Convenience and cosmetic, not advantage.

Quote:
Lets take this up again in say... 6 months.
Not a problem, I look forward to it.

Side note: Apologies to the OP for derailing the thread with a side topic.
Lt. Commander
# 134
07-14-2010, 06:48 AM
I am hoping that these new ships added to C-store won't be a mind boggling $20 in order to purchase them?

Also, is it possible that some new ship variants for T5 will be made available through quests or IG means outside the constant stream of C-store products?

So far the Meta-game has more interesting loot rewards than the IG.
Lt. Commander
# 135
07-15-2010, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post

2 New Ships from the ship poll (excelsior/nebula)
Yeah i hope they won't cost 2000 c point like the dreadnought!
come on cryptic do you need money that bad?

I'll pay 200 c point to change my Admiral unto a liberated Borg instead of staring from the beginning AGAIN!
Lt. Commander
# 136
07-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangover_Boy
Unfortunately, I think the Enterprise J is much too far in the future for this game

Not to say STO has strictly followed canon thus far, but I don't think we'll be seeing that ship.
I think it'll make an appearance in a time travel type of mission. But they won't let anyone own one.
Lt. Commander
# 137
07-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I do pay a subscription I paid to play, I am sick of people claiming we lifetime subscribers don't pay subscription, we paid in one lump amount for unlimited, we took a gamble that the game would

1)Last that long
2) We can't cancel if we hate where the game goes, if it takes a bad turn and everyone abandons we get screwed

So guess what we do pay. In fact some of us are somewhat losing money since, had I not bought a LTS, I wouldn't have even subscribed after the 1st month and would have gone to TOR, so please don't try to act like I am less of a subscriber simply because I took a risk that may or may not pay off.
I support this comment!

"You don't support the game."
"You play for free."

Huh? I did/do? Then why did Cryptic take close to $300 (game/lifetime) of my money if it was free?? Idiots...
Even 5 years from now its still would not be free. Just reduced cost.