Lt. Commander
# 1 ship customixation
07-12-2010, 05:33 PM
will we ever be able to take a ship type like the original enterprise and customize to have more weapon slots and better hul also have the smae abilities as a teir five ship but in the form of any other ship form
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-13-2010, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargateman View Post
will we ever be able to take a ship type like the original enterprise and customize to have more weapon slots and better hul also have the smae abilities as a teir five ship but in the form of any other ship form
I believe the devs have said its in the works - if not for Season 2, then for a future date.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-13-2010, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
I believe the devs have said its in the works - if not for Season 2, then for a future date.
I don't know that they would include the TOS Connie specifically in that, since its a preorder/cstore item, but I can certainly see them modding the refit version.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
Actually, they've said that they are aware that players want to continue using older ships at endgame, and are discussing the matter.

The devs have never said they will do it. That's a very important distinction.

The Tier 5 Galaxy, Defiant and Intrepid refits we're getting in Season 2 are kinda in response to this player request. Those are Tier 5 ships that use Tier 4 models.

But there's still plenty of folks who want to use Tier 1-3 ships at Tier 5, so it doesn't completely satisfy the demand.