Lt. Commander
So with the excelsior, and that galaxy reject ( just made all of the nebula fans mad even if I also like that ship ) coming to the C-store how is that going to work out?

Are these ship skins like the imperial class?

Or are these ships like the Galaxy-x?

If the latter what tier will it be? ( please say tier 5 )

what other information can you give us?

Come on Dstahl throw us another bone. ( even if you are given us more then most developers do ) will it help if I say please?

also for the community what do you think about those ships being added?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-12-2010, 07:28 PM
I'm chuffed they're coming. The Nebula is my favourate TNG era ship by a long shot. Hope they're tier 5 too so I can dump the sovereign like a bad habit
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiach View Post
I'm chuffed they're coming. The Nebula is my favourate TNG era ship by a long shot. Hope they're tier 5 too so I can dump the sovereign like a bad habit
that's going to be a hard choice, player wise and RP wise if it is tier 5. I love my sovereign the Yorktown, I would love to have an excelsior even more, but I'm stuck RP wise because a captain should only have one ship. ( and I don't want to blow up the Yorktown. )
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-12-2010, 07:35 PM
I know what you mean. I tried to RP all the ship transfers in my logs as I moved up the tiers. It became harder and harder to find credible reasons.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiach View Post
I know what you mean. I tried to RP all the ship transfers in my logs as I moved up the tiers. It became harder and harder to find credible reasons.
for me It wasn't to hard.

My first Offical RP ship was the USS Mexico ( tier 2 cruiser vespa ), I served on her for 6 years before the events of STO.

Then Quinn gave me command of the york town, but the catch was she was in dry dock after getting badly damaged fighting the Klingons. So he game me command of the USS leopard ( tier 3 cruiser Cheyenne ) a star fleet cadet training ship for about 5 months, and I went on a federation training cruise.

after that I went to the USS Zukov ( tier 4 celestial ) she was a complete refit of the old ambassador class. I was busy training my first officer to take her first command. ( transferred off my first tactical officer and added a new purple officer in her place, but RP wise she commands the Zukov now. )

Now I command a runabout and I'm over seeing the final stages of the Refit, and upgrade of the USS Yorktown sovereign class. ( I'm not launching her RP wise until ship interiors are added )
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-12-2010, 07:49 PM
These ships should be Commander or Captain, It'd be silly if they are Admiral ships.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
These ships should be Commander or Captain, It'd be silly if they are Admiral ships.
I don't know about that. we are talking some big ships here.

granted that are not as good / new as say a sovereign, or a Luna, but they are both big ships, and they should be able to handle a complete overhaul, and upgrade to bring them up to tier 5 level. ( also the players want them so chances are they will be tier 5 )
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-12-2010, 07:58 PM
*Slams fist into desk*

Excelsior!!! *Foams at the mouth and bashes head into wall*

*ahem*...Uhm... time frame, please? Screenshots?....Please.... This has been my only wish for this game since I started....
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Exactly. Both the Nebula and the excelsior (Lakota refit) were front line ships all through the dominion war. This shows them on screen as being viable designs operating at the same time as the newer, sovereign, Akira, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunstarBlue
*Slams fist into desk*

Excelsior!!! *Foams at the mouth and bashes head into wall*

*ahem*...Uhm... time frame, please? Screenshots?....Please.... This has been my only wish for this game since I started....
Dstahl gave no time frame, but it is in the next C-store release which can happen between today, and the 19th