Lt. Commander
# 11
07-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiach View Post
Exactly. Both the Nebula and the excelsior (Lakota refit) were front line ships all through the dominion war. This shows them on screen as being viable designs operating at the same time as the newer, sovereign, Akira, etc.
Well look at how tech has grown since the war. automation has gotten better, warp drive has gotten better, and the tech has gotten smaller. in my opinion you could easily put the warp core ( just the warp core not the engines ) in the excelsior, you have a ship that is big enough, granted you would most likely lose some space, and personal, but with better automation you would not as many people as before. we also know that star fleet is great with refits. ( look at the constitution refit, and that was the older tech ) I could really see those ships being tier 5, and fighting the best that the klingons can throw at them .
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Size does not delineate Tier, or firepower, look at the Sovereign smaller then the Galaxy, but still considered high level.

While I agree that neither Excelsior nor Nebula should be, oh say, Tier 1, I don't think they should automatically become tier 5, maybe put them both in tier 4, with upgrade/retrofit options to make them tier five.

I'm actually surprised they haven't given us the ability to purchase a Ship Upgrade option in the C-Store, that allows us to take low tier ship, put it in Spacedock for a set period of time, then get it back fully capable of mounting Equipment better suited to higher tier ships, with a lower amount of Hull Points, and slightly less effective shields,(and no special abilities like Saucer Sep.) then would normally be found in ships of that Tier.

(I Still want my Xindi Aquatic Captain, and Ship by the way Cryptic!)

and I'm not just saying that because I voted for Excelsior, and have only a Captain grade 7 toon, as my highest main either.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-13-2010, 08:39 AM
And lets not forget the Lakota.
She was refitted with state of the art tech and even had quantum torpedoes which at the time in DS9 were the most advanced torpedoes available in starfleet.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-13-2010, 08:59 AM
The special power for the Excelsior is that the warp drive will sporadically break down, leaving you stranded in sector space until the cooldown is up.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Great... the C-Store.....................

I'm losing hope. Everything is going to the freakin' C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-13-2010, 09:13 AM
Hopefully they are just SKINS and not ships as they should only be cosmetic stuff in the c store!
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-13-2010, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post
Hopefully they are just SKINS and not ships as they should only be cosmetic stuff in the c store!
Funny, what do you call the TOS Constitution or the Galaxy X ?
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-13-2010, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Galaxy X i call a MISTAKE ,the tos connie was supposed to be a preorder item and a mistake as well to have in the cstore...
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-13-2010, 09:21 AM
I guess ill just wait for more information, skins, t5 ships or t5.5 or whatever. Id hate to see those new ships to be anything but t5, since you spend almost no time in lower levels. At least the TOS Connie has the blue phasers that scale. And if the new ships are worthwhile i would throw up on my computer if they cost 2000 CP^^.

At least this time no one can whine about canon or exclusivity....
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Actually if they gave you some ingame means of getting the ships than the c-store can still have them. The exact wording of the rules is that c-store is all cosmetic except for items that are attainable some other way in game.