Lt. Commander
I was playing Star Trek Academy over again on SNES and remembered the Ships Library which was actually located on the bridge. I was thinking that it would be a cool feature to add to the Bridge to add a small tiny form of functionality to the bridge. If you're going to a new planet and want some base info on that planet or need to look up the history of a race, you could go into the ships library on the bridge and look up the information that you need. It wouldn't really have a big effect for gameplay, it's just a neat little feature that could be added to have some tiny form of function to the bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-14-2010, 11:16 AM
I like that idea!
Id be on board with that.

Maybe thats something that could be worked into captains ready rooms when we get them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Good idea, should be accessible from the Bridge, Ready Room, Sci Lab, and Stellar Cartography.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Great idea, I wouild also like it if we could smply left click on a chair for our character to automatically sit on it. And of course the biggest feature, being able to control your ship from the bridge *Fingers crossed*
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-14-2010, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Cadorette
Great idea, I wouild also like it if we could smply left click on a chair for our character to automatically sit on it. And of course the biggest feature, being able to control your ship from the bridge *Fingers crossed*
Unfortunately, that's the LAST feature that would be implemented...the way the game is designed just wouldn't support it....due to all the instancing.

When you enter the bridge, your ship disappears from space entirely. I suppose it could be done via the viewscreen (where a "chart" shows your progress), but that just leads to further discontinuity from other players.