Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
Before he left, Zinc made the following tweet :

Quote:
Working on Minigame rewards and MKXI gear today. Don't worry, all your MKX badges won't go to waste.
To me, this implied that somehow you could use Mk X badges towards Mk XI gear. Relying on that tweet, I've been saving my Marks of Valor in the hopes of spending it on XI gear when 2.0 goes live.

But now I'm reading that there will be 2 versions of STFs and Fleet Actions that give marks for Mk XI gear.

Will my stockpile of Valor go to waste with respect to XI gear? Will there be a way to convert Valor into something redeemable for XI gear?

I understand that Zinc is gone, but I'd like to know if it's pointless to collect more Valor prior to 2.0 going live if I'm already decked out with all the Mk X gear I need.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Who knows, perhaps in the future you'll be able to take your Second-In-Command BO and make them into a playable character on your account and transfer some Marks of Valor (and other Marks) to them because after all, they did serve on your ship before becoming Captains of their own vessels.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-13-2010, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwil_Hweaton View Post
Before he left, Zinc made the following tweet :

To me, this implied that somehow you could use Mk X badges towards Mk XI gear. Relying on that tweet, I've been saving my Marks of Valor in the hopes of spending it on XI gear when 2.0 goes live.

But now I'm reading that there will be 2 versions of STFs and Fleet Actions that give marks for Mk XI gear.

Will my stockpile of Valor go to waste with respect to XI gear? Will there be a way to convert Valor into something redeemable for XI gear?

I understand that Zinc is gone, but I'd like to know if it's pointless to collect more Valor prior to 2.0 going live if I'm already decked out with all the Mk X gear I need.
A month ago I quit playing all my RA5's and started a new character -- because I believed that I'd be wasting my time collecting badges that would be useless in 2.0.

If I'm wrong, no big deal. I'll be decked out in Mark XIII gear soon enough anyway, long before another level cap raise occurs.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-13-2010, 11:59 AM
had the same question but nobody could give me an concrete answer...
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-13-2010, 12:10 PM
I think this is just for Lvl reasons. probbly will give the same as MKX. but i am scratching my head on this one to.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-13-2010, 01:07 PM
My Klingon has about 11,000 Badges of excellence and maybe even more by the time Season 2 comes out.... I just spent about 40 badges of Honour on equipment (Weapons, Shields and Armour) for my Klingon Crew members and have 66 left...

I would also like to know what these will be used for in season 2 ? The badges of Excellence I could use for items then sell them on the Exchange, but im holding out just incase there is something nice or useful in season 2 to spend these on instead...

I would like to know before Season 2 hits....
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-14-2010, 11:54 AM
As it stands now, as an RA5 I'm vary wary of spending time earning more Mk X marks, given the possibility that in a week or two, they may become obsolete as XI becomes available.

Can any devs shed some light on this, particularly in light of Zinc's tweet quoted in the OP?
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-14-2010, 12:11 PM
You'll most likely find out Friday, when a new patch hits Tribble. Until then, no one knows. Because the Mk XI and Mk XII gear isn't on Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-14-2010, 12:38 PM
I too would like some clarification on this... I've seen reports that new marks will be awarded for VA's doing B'Tran elite? I've been doing B'Tran elite since it was available... I guess all my marks are going to be useless now... I think I'm pretty much use to it now... everything I seem to do is a waste of time... why bother to continue play when any progress I think I'm making is constantly being negated? I guess we are supposed to all be on "even ground" when the new season comes... all attempts at pre-positioning ones self for whats coming is futile...

I guess what irks me is that someone with a small (relatively) amount of time invested to get to RA5 starts the new season with the same situation as myself... all the time I've been playing since RA5 max counts for nothing...

Is this what the community wants? Favoritism for people that don't play very much in the name of equality?

I guess the powers that be know that I will keep playing regardless and that the people who have not been playing need to be "brought back into the fold" this is a pervasive problem in our society... under-achievers are helped by penalizing the over-achievers... so that everyone can "play together nicely".

The whole thing is wrong... players that play should be rewarded appropriately.... players that don't play should get nothing...

Don't get me wrong... I play all the content and thoroughly enjoy it... I don't want to automatically insta-level to VA... I want to play... I want to receive the proper rewards for my time & effort... I do not want my time & effort erased....

Now I can hear the concerns of many players saying - "well he's got all these Marks saved and can get all the gear already & I can't compete..." Why is this Bad? Many of us have invested heavily into being ready for the new content... why should someone with no time invested in preparation start on the same footing?

I guess my time hasn't really been "Wasted" - I really enjoy playing... until right now... why even bother?
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-14-2010, 12:50 PM
If you think about it, having different marks by level makes no sense: all marks should be the same. Afterall, I earned all the marks by playing at my current level, and I spend them all on gear for my current level...so what if I earned them at T3 and spend them at T5?

(Marks, badges...same issue)