Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 91
07-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
And that's completely rubbish; the balance is so screwed up. If they're trying to send a message that my subscription fee isn't enough to cover filling in the glaring content holes that we've put up with so far, then really aren't I an idiot continuing to pay it?
The balence is really screwed up for the galaxy X but the other stuff on the store is about what I'd expect to pay a guy to develop and implement a 3-D model of. Plus all the content additions like ship interiors, weekly episodes, new seasonal episodes, diplomacy, new exploration maps, ect. You are getting for just your sub, and if it's true that 15 a month isn't enough to cover those costs you're actually getting a deal, haha.
Lt. Commander
# 92
07-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vraesh View Post
Exactly.
Early in the game's history, Cryptic vowed that only cosmetic items would be C Store only, items in the store other than cosmetic would be obtainable in-game without the need to cough up cash for C Points.
This was a falsehood, as the Galaxy X demonstrates.
Again, it's shown that Cash > Integrity.
Anything Cryptic says at this point, on ANY subject or topic, should be taken with a grain of salt, as their vows mean little, as demonstrated.
yes same with cryptics so called preorder programs and exclusive rewards no point ever going for exclusives in any cryptic game again as you know they all gonna end up in their Micro store anyhow.
SO any preorder deals and programs from cryptic is basically false marketing..
Lt. Commander
# 93
07-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vraesh View Post
Exactly.
Early in the game's history, Cryptic vowed that only cosmetic items would be C Store only, items in the store other than cosmetic would be obtainable in-game without the need to cough up cash for C Points.
This was a falsehood, as the Galaxy X demonstrates.
Again, it's shown that Cash > Integrity.
Anything Cryptic says at this point, on ANY subject or topic, should be taken with a grain of salt, as their vows mean little, as demonstrated.
two things first the red. you can still get the galaxy-x outside of the C-store, but it is harder to do that. as for getting it in the game one could argue that you have to get your friends in the game and have fun with them in the game, so there for you are still getting it in the game, but I'm not one of those people who argue that.

also this is why we need to be able to exchange merits for C-points. that way you can still get it in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 94
07-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
two things first the red. you can still get the galaxy-x outside of the C-store, but it is harder to do that. as for getting it in the game one could argue that you have to get your friends in the game and have fun with them in the game, so there for you are still getting it in the game, but I'm not one of those people who argue that.

also this is why we need to be able to exchange merits for C-points. that way you can still get it in the game.
Agreed, it would let us play for everything on the store and let them put whatever they damn well please up there except missions.
Lt. Commander
# 95
07-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post
yes same with cryptics so called preorder programs and exclusive rewards no point ever going for exclusives in any cryptic game again as you know they all gonna end up in their Micro store anyhow.
lets not turn this in to an exclusive fight. ( it will derail the ship issue, and will most likely get this thread closed )
Lt. Commander
# 96
07-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post
They said when they announced these exclusives that they would later be available on the cstore.
Lt. Commander
# 97
07-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.LoveMonkey
They said when they announced these exclusives that they would later be available on the cstore.
to late I guess.
Lt. Commander
# 98
07-13-2010, 11:34 AM
Quote:

yes but then again remember Champions online trying to sell players ADVENTURE packs aka ingame content...
BUt i agree they should make ships gainable for ingame grind this means ppl actually will pay subs to grind wich the short cut would be just buy it and save that time...
Lt. Commander
# 99
07-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
to late I guess.
No you're totally right, i will refuse to post on this thread on the matter from this point on... Back to ships now.
Lt. Commander
# 100
07-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.LoveMonkey
No you're totally right, i will refuse to post on this thread on the matter from this point on... Back to ships now.
it's nothing against you if you took it that way... I just don't want to see this turn in to another legal, moral stalemate like all of the other threads that covered this.