Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 131
07-13-2010, 01:02 PM
What? Cryptic pays CBS a lot of money every month to tap that fanbase.

At launch day, that bargain appears to have paid off handsomely. These days, it's harder to tell.
Lt. Commander
# 132
07-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post
to be Honest if cryptic wanna keep making trash games according to ATARI's policy of churning out mmos in a rapid order they should stop dooing it to major IP's like startrek it has a wery rabid fanbase and i know trekkeis hate most of the games that has been made for startrek up til now... most of them been trash some nice gems but mostly banking on it beeing a trek game....

YOuy wanna churn out trash make up ur own ips
making your own IPs requires planning, storyboards, development research, user acceptance testing, etc

things that really cannot be done effectively in the quick turn around they do."Remaking" a superhero game, and getting a license with material already there (whether vaporware from Perpetual, or not, the ideas were there) seems to be what they can accomplish as of now.

Though I agree that they should buy up silly little 4th and 5th tiered IPs and make silly little MMOs for those, that way less overhead to make, make a small profit, move to next IP.

ultraman, godzilla, king kong, power rangers, that bike riding one, spongebob, fairly odd parents, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 133
07-13-2010, 01:04 PM
The value of the ships needs to be reasonable. If they cost evem $10 of Cryptic points, it will be way too much. The Gal-X has already proven how it isn't worth $25 in criptic points or 5 Recruit-a-Friend effort.

If all 4 ships where offerd at the same time in that $25 Release, or the 5 Recruite-A-Friend Bonus, then that would be far more in line with the value that they have.

Cryptic needs to change the reward gotten from the effort or money put into either of those 2 methods. You should be getting all 4 of those ships, when you pay 25 nucks or recruit 5 friends, you should get the Gal-X, the Exce;sior, the Nebula class and the Constatution class, all in one package. With what they are, what they have, that would be far closer to equile in value and worth paying for, then how it is now.

I want those ships, but I wont pay another 25, or another 10 on each of them.
Lt. Commander
# 134
07-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluant
making your own IPs requires planning, storyboards, development research, user acceptance testing, etc

things that really cannot be done effectively in the quick turn around they do."Remaking" a superhero game, and getting a license with material already there (whether vaporware from Perpetual, or not, the ideas were there) seems to be what they can accomplish as of now.

Though I agree that they should buy up silly little 4th and 5th tiered IPs and make silly little MMOs for those, that way less overhead to make, make a small profit, move to next IP.

ultraman, godzilla, king kong, power rangers, that bike riding one, spongebob, fairly odd parents, etc.
yeah make a legend of the seeker mmo , eureka mmo etc ...... or if they want horror and sci fi games there is plenty of books and such they can work with if they dont wanna create stuff but reskin their current engine playing the empereors new clothes over and over... Either they need to focus on one major ip or make many trash ips a major ip can bring stabile cashflow is done right if done wrong it will ruin a companys image for ever...
Lt. Commander
The thread in which he made the post was about the refitted Galaxy, Defiant, and Intrepid. We will get one of those ship tokens when we reach level 51. If you want others, you can buy them from the C-Store. That was what I took from that quote.

that said, the Excelsior may well end up on the C-Store. The original Constitution that I got for pre-order bonus was 800 cp when released in the C-Store, I think that cost, and the cost of the Galaxy X, were reflective of the fact that other people had to pay real money earlier on to get that bonus, so they felt justified in charging a high price. I'd hope the other ships wont cost anywhere near the 2000cp that the Galaxy X costed. It's quite possible I'd buy none at that price. The 800 that the original Connie costs though, I could see that.

I'm still hoping we can refit the other tier 5 ships too or else the new skins people bought wont be seen anymore.

I felt a little burned by the cost of the Galaxy X. Don't get me wrong, it's neat and using cloak changes the entire course of a fight for the Fed, but I can probably kill stuff just as fast and as well using the regular assault cruiser. So I hope the new refits don't cost that high, and getting the first one free will probably be enough for most of us. Hopefully the Excelsior doens't try to charge so much; I love that ship, but not enough for just a skin to pay a very high price.
Lt. Commander
# 136
07-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakkar View Post

that said, the Excelsior may well end up on the C-Store. .
here you go

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Here's a few things I've seen on the C-Store dev schedule...

Costume Slots
Bridge Officer Slots
Ship Slots
Bridge Packs
2 New Ships from the ship poll (excelsior/nebula)

No dates on when they will all be available yet - but those items are in the works and will be here sooner than later.
source
Lt. Commander
# 137
07-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Quote:
yeah make a legend of the seeker mmo , eureka mmo etc ...... or if they want horror and sci fi games there is plenty of books and such they can work with if they dont wanna create stuff but reskin their current engine playing the empereors new clothes over and over... Either they need to focus on one major ip or make many trash ips a major ip can bring stabile cashflow is done right if done wrong it will ruin a companys image for ever...

oooo eureka!!!!

That could be so fun with unlimited qadgets and missions... except we would be back in the c-store mania... buy the latest invention NOW!!!

hehe :p
Lt. Commander
# 138
07-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Im still against it cause they going back on their word again stating c store was gonna be for vanity items only costumes and graphics changes...
Oh, the irony. Video games are luxuries, not necessities. You'd think Cryptic was denying you an organ transplant the way you carry on.
Lt. Commander
# 139
07-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluant
oooo eureka!!!!

That could be so fun with unlimited qadgets and missions... except we would be back in the c-store mania... buy the latest invention NOW!!!

hehe :p
yeah the cstore thing is getting out of hand i hope cryptic understand it wount go down good with TREKKIES and once they leave this game is dead .
Lt. Commander
# 140
07-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquatic
Oh, the irony. Video games are luxuries, not necessities. You'd think Cryptic was denying you an organ transplant the way you carry on.
i like your signature thats about it...