Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
07-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.LoveMonkey
They can do it so they still win, just make it cost a million billion energy credits, that way people will pay for two additional months just to work up the in game funds to but it.
I would do it. I would work hard in my free time to get the credits to buy the ship, and in the end I would get the ship, and a sense of accomplishment. I'm not sure about other people.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-13-2010, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post
I allready bought most the stuff in the cstore except the FULL ships im oki with skins and such since it dont make any diffrence in game play ,wich makes 2 class of players one that can afford to buy the advantages and one that cant.... for me its not about the money its about splitting up players into have and have nots....
They could do it if it's also available through hard work, plus those were the original rules of the store. If it changes gameplay and is on the store it will also be available in game. So either spend an hour at your job getting direct funds for it or spend twelve hours in game getting it, either way cryptic gets more money and you get the item.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kekvin85 View Post
Im quite happy to buy both these ships. We cant have everything for free and id rather make an investment in the game if its going to keep it alive that lil bit longer or is going to get us that extra bit of content that we want
Wow are you serious?

Some would argue we "should" have everything for free.
The Majority of MMO's don't have microtransactions.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleX View Post
YOU MEAN WE ACTUALLY HAVE TO PAY TO MAINTAIN THE GAME AND TO ALLOW UPDATES AND ADVANCE THE GAME AS A WHOLE!?! WTF!?! THATS HORRIBLE! CRYPTIC IS GREEDY! HOW DARE THEY EXPECT TO GET PAID FOR THE WORK THEY DO!!! GRRRRRRRR

(btw, that was sarcasm) ( lol )

Other than membership fee's which seem to be shrinking daily, this is the one thing that keeps Cryptic afloat, thus, I really don't care if they charge $10 for fluff, btw, no one's forcing you to buy it. You just won't be playing with that fluff is all.
agreed it does keep it afloat, but as someone else posted they are added CANON ship to the game that most likely should of been in the game before the other NON canon ships. added to that they are highly loved ships.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
I would do it. I would work hard in my free time to get the credits to buy the ship, and in the end I would get the ship, and a sense of accomplishment. I'm not sure about other people.
You may be able to tell from my display picture but I wouldn't have anywhere close to enough patience to work for the excelcior.
Lt. Commander
# 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
agreed it does keep it afloat, but as someone else posted they are added CANON ship to the game that most likely should of been in the game before the other NON canon ships. added to that they are highly loved ships.
As i said they should be SKINS and cosmetic thats what the cstor was about not giving ppl with money an advantage over ppl that cant afford it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
If it's coming to the C-Store, then its a good thing I haven't blown through all of my points yet.

Whether it's a C-Store purchase or not, I'm just happy they will finally add these two popular and iconic ships to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-13-2010, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Wow are you serious?

Some would argue we "should" have everything for free.
The Majority of MMO's don't have microtransactions.
Tell you what, if this game turns into a Free to Play game like the rumors suggest, then I'll ban together with all the lifers to argue that fact. Until that day comes, I'm more than happy to pay for fluff.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-13-2010, 09:46 AM
I get 10x the content for FREE with every freakin' update in most other MMOs. I'm sick of the C-Store.

More and more they're putting in non-vanity items.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-13-2010, 09:47 AM
I don't care if they release it in C-store, I bought the original connie and it was great. Makes levels 1-10 much more enjoyable thanks to the eye-candy and original trek feel. I'll probably get the nebula if it's a T5, but no I won't be paying anything for these because I've no desire to make more alts. Already have one of each.

I did expect it to come out in C-store, like most extras cryptic gets out, but it's still saddening when he said he'll look into making players be able to acquire them either with real cash OR starfleet merits.