Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
07-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
If it's coming to the C-Store, then its a good thing I haven't blown through all of my points yet.

Whether it's a C-Store purchase or not, I'm just happy they will finally add these two popular and iconic ships to the game.
Oh it is coming here is the source.

and soon to by looking at the calender
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-13-2010, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleX View Post
YOU MEAN WE ACTUALLY HAVE TO PAY TO MAINTAIN THE GAME AND TO ALLOW UPDATES AND ADVANCE THE GAME AS A WHOLE!?! WTF!?! THATS HORRIBLE! CRYPTIC IS GREEDY! HOW DARE THEY EXPECT TO GET PAID FOR THE WORK THEY DO!!! GRRRRRRRR

(btw, that was sarcasm) ( lol )

Other than membership fee's which seem to be shrinking daily, this is the one thing that keeps Cryptic afloat, thus, I really don't care if they charge $10 for fluff, btw, no one's forcing you to buy it. You just won't be playing with that fluff is all.
Your sarcasm isn't working because many of us do spend money to be in this game. With the economy the way it is, it's becoming increasingly difficult to justify such a casual expense. It also isn't working because subscription fees (inherently) are believed to be what funds a game's development, but somewhere along the line, people in suits decided they could stock their pockets some more and began dictating the direction of games (read: SOE). This is another classic example.

They gave us a poll and it seemed to me that the pretense was that we would be getting these ships in-game, not in the C-Store (by opening the poll to the whole subscribed public). But in the end, we've come to learn that the budget department was simply finding out what ships we would be most ravenous for so they could charge us for them.

Bad form. Period.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulDreamer View Post
Your sarcasm is off because many of us do spend money to be in this game. With the economy the way it is, it's becoming increasingly difficult to justify such a casual expense. It's also off because subscription fees (inherently) are believed to be what funds the game, but somewhere along the line, people in suits decided they could stock their pockets some more and began dictating the direction of games (read: SOE). This is another classic example.

They gave us a poll and it seemed to me that the pretense was that we would be getting these ships in-game, not in the C-Store (by opening the poll to the whole subscribed public). But in the end, we've come to learn that the budget department was simply finding out what ships we would be most ravenous for so they could charge us for them.

Bad form. Period.
As i said the GALAXY X in the cstore and the way it got sold to masses was a mistake i refused to buy it , i still want it cause its a good ship but the way it was beeing pushed as a ship and not a skin is in contrast to why the CSTORE WAS MADE so this is rapidly becoming another bluder for Cryptic i think..

This selling of the galaxy x made the marketing department take notice that ppl actually would pay 25 bucks for a ship in game....... so this is our own fault ..
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-13-2010, 09:59 AM
As fanboys like to point out C-store supports the game. It makes me wonder, Why are we paying subscription fees again? You'd think, you know Subscriptions where supporting the game.

No Im afraid C-store stuff is just greed, which is easy to sell when you have people so blindly support it whom also seem to forget most of us all pay Subscription fees or in some cases a few hundred dollars for a Lifetime.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-13-2010, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
I get 10x the content for FREE with every freakin' update in most other MMOs. I'm sick of the C-Store.

More and more they're putting in non-vanity items.
Ten times the cstore or ten times season two? If it's season two I want in on that mmo, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 26 reply
07-13-2010, 10:01 AM
this is stupid what tier are they going to be an excelsior at most should only be a tier 3 ship and nebula a tier 4.
if they come in a tier 5 that would be foul. excelsior is over 100 years old and nebula is around 40 or 50. but if they wanted to put them in cstore for people of lower tier that would be ok.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
As fanboys like to point out C-store supports the game. It makes me wonder, Why are we paying subscription fees again? You'd think, you know Subscriptions where supporting the game.

No Im afraid C-store stuff is just greed, which is easy to sell when you have people so blindly support it whom also seem to forget most of us all pay Subscription fees or in some cases a few hundred dollars for a Lifetime.
It's extra support, subs are one source of income and the store is another. It's not like every penny made on the cstor is going into the CEOs pocket and they aren't using any of it on the game. It doesn't even make sense from a greed standpoint because if you use store cash to help the game you get more money later.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-13-2010, 10:04 AM
I remember a time when MMOs developed solely on subscriptions...
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Eh. . .next they will announce that season 2 will be coming out on c-store
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-13-2010, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulDreamer View Post
I remember a time when MMOs developed solely on subscriptions...
I remember that time too, and oddly, most still are developed solely on subscriptions. Go figure.