Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 501
07-18-2010, 06:34 PM
My 2 cents, for what it's worth:

I thought Cryptic did a very good job with Champ's store, and was pleased with how STO's was shaping up. At launch and for a few months, everything seemed pretty cheap, all aesthetic, and not a big deal. I was happy to shell out $2-3 here and there for some cool new skins, regardless of the fact that I had already shelled out $300 for the retail box and my lifetime sub.

Then the sparkleship, or Galaxy X hit.

I don't believe a subscription based game should ever charge over $10 for a virtual item. I have no problems spending EXTRA money on a game to get something, but I refuse to be taken advantage of. Unfortunately for me, they're are many people who have money to burn, with no problem spending more on a virtual item then they could find the retail box for now.

I'll hold out hope they implement an in game option as a way to get these insanely priced items, sometime in the not so distant future, and they don't apply anything close to the $25 price point to these new ships.
Lt. Commander
# 502 c-store
07-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Seems awful funny to me that we have to pay extra to make a star trek game into star trek.
Lt. Commander
# 503
07-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwulf82 View Post
Seems awful funny to me that we have to pay extra to make a star trek game into star trek.
"Funny" isn't the word I 've been using...
Lt. Commander
# 504
07-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkStone View Post
"Funny" isn't the word I 've been using...
Well there were a few more colorful words I would rather have used.
Lt. Commander
# 505
07-19-2010, 08:03 AM
case and point...

cryptic is charging extra for new content when the old content is not even working properly.. just refered a friend over a week ago and big suprise... didnt get the referal points or anything... another shocker was uncovered when i looked into it, the referal system has been broken for what i can see is well OVER TWO MONTHS.... keep charging us more for a game that doesnt work properly cryptic.

i have no problem with there being glitches and bugs in a new game, but dont go and nickle and dime us when the content that is free doesnt even work right. i rmember back to when i first started the game, and another shocker, something was wrong with the billing program, i was locked out of the game for three weeks b4 you fixed it. lol.... but dont worry, the galaxy x is 25 dollers, even though you might not be able to log in lol.... id pay 25 dollers for content if it came with a garuntee that i would experience no more bugs, server lag, billing problems, referal problems, glitches, and enouph content to keep me busy for more than a month...

i also use more colorful words when i have to pay money to make a star trek game work like a star trek game should... does anyone know if there is a lemon law for video games.... lol...
Lt. Commander
# 506
07-19-2010, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
As most of you should know the Excelsior, and the Nebula are coming to the C-store, and it mite be coming soon with the new C-store update that should be out by the 19th. I love the fact that the Excelsior is coming,becasue that is one of my favorite ships from Star trek.

But here is the problem Those two ships are loved by a lot of people. the polls results were 3553 for the excelsior, and 2647 for the Nebula, and those are just the people who come on to the forums, there are more out there who don't post on the forums, and they will be shocked to see their favorite ship added to the game. Problem is your adding two of the more popular, and most wanted ships to the game and you are going to force people to pay for it, in turn you seem to taken advantage of people's love for those ships, and I think the bean counters know that they are doing that.

I quoted you from one of your post earlier because that right there is the answer. This would be the time to add in a system where you can exchange merits for the ships. you need to push to make the merits equal to the their C-store equivalent. that way people who don't want to pay real money can work hard in the game and earn the ships.

added to what I said it would look a lot better on your part. personally I see this as a boarder line money grab by those bean counters, and you guys are stuck in the middle of this, but you can do something about it.

So what does anyone else think about this?
post your grievances, complaints, complements, concerns here, and lets get our voices heard before they release it to the C-store. ( before it is to late )

EDIT here is a good price exchange between merits and C-store points .

EDIT and for anyone who was wondering where they said it was going to be on the C-store.

source........
MT's are Ok for special NON-Working costumes in games like maple story---- but in a top level MMO MT's are tacky.. More than that- if you want MT's in your "top level" MMO make them count. This last GAL-X deal I thought was ok. In fact I liked the idea that people had to pay 25 bucks for a ship that just looks a little different and had its up''s and downs. However doig this too often with every 'new' ship that comes to the game is going to kill their game.

Many ST fans will pay several times-- my recommendation to cryptic is- pick what you want to make people pay for with care. If you offer 3 pay ships and someone pays for each other them- you just made them pay MORE than the first expiation of wow- and your game has been out for 6 months and still has embarrassing bugs in it that have been around sense cb. You risk KILLING the golden goose that is laying the eggs.
Lt. Commander
# 507
07-19-2010, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoshaft View Post
MT's are Ok for special NON-Working costumes in games like maple story---- but in a top level MMO MT's are tacky.. More than that- if you want MT's in your "top level" MMO make them count. This last GAL-X deal I thought was ok. In fact I liked the idea that people had to pay 25 bucks for a ship that just looks a little different and had its up''s and downs. However doig this too often with every 'new' ship that comes to the game is going to kill their game.

Many ST fans will pay several times-- my recommendation to cryptic is- pick what you want to make people pay for with care. If you offer 3 pay ships and someone pays for each other them- you just made them pay MORE than the first expiation of wow- and your game has been out for 6 months and still has embarrassing bugs in it that have been around sense cb. You risk KILLING the golden goose that is laying the eggs.
Uh, what he said!
Lt. Commander
# 508
07-19-2010, 09:54 AM
The last ever thing ill buy from c-store will be the Excellsior and nothing else ever again , and only Excellsior skin if its a proper item store price of around 200 max, fed up with the money pinching from Cryptic.

Even the Excellsior im now having doubts over , its not got a good skill , the transwarp you can with higher ranks so whats the point , at least give it a combat skill as well . Remember in Undiscovered Country when the Excellsior launched all those torps from two front launchers and blew that BOP up , how about something along those lines?
Lt. Commander
# 509
07-20-2010, 04:39 AM
Well, until something gives, I'm out of here. I'm not going to buy anything more from STO's C-store*. Unfortunately, I can't un-sub, since I'm a lifetime sucker. Someone told me "what you play shouldn't frustrate you" about something entirely different, but my mind immediately went to STO. I'm tired of being frustrated as I try to get Cryptic to follow through on the promises and assurances that led me to make the investment of a lifetime sub. Even if I didn't care about the dishonesty, the part of season 2 I was looking forward to the most - interiors - turned out to have even worse Alice-in-Wonderland proportions than the rest of the game. I have no good reason to bother anymore and no faith left that the game will improve.

And since this is the last of the threads I cared to leave this comment in... goodbye, STO forums. I'm sure most of you won't miss me anyway.

*Though, since CO's store has followed the policies they originally promised - albeit under extreme 'whiner' duress - I might toss something in that direction in a fit of pique.
Lt. Commander
# 510
07-20-2010, 07:24 AM
I'll miss ya, lol.

And I agree. I'll keep playing, just because the only thing making me able to come back to this game is the RP (even though the game is set up horribly for RP), but I definitely don't want anything more to do with the C-Store.