Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 571
08-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Nooo. It's coming only a couple of days later on the C-Store as a Tier 5 retrofit (and it looks like the Enterprise-B).
Lt. Commander
# 572
08-05-2010, 12:31 AM
Honestly, I figured the Excelsior should have been the Fed's answer to the Bird of Prey - they "generic" model that fits every situation, considering how prevalent it supposedly was in starfleet - many more of this one model than any of the others we get to play... which brings me to how this should NOT be a C-Store only item, I feel it should be a Tier 2-4 ship, and the Tier 5 version (refit) can be on the C-Store, that would work for me just fine, but it looks like that isn't how this is going down...

oh well...
Lt. Commander
# 573
08-05-2010, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
Nooo. It's coming only a couple of days later on the C-Store as a Tier 5 retrofit (and it looks like the Enterprise-B).
Ah, cool, I'm guessing we'll be able to mix and match the looks in the shipyard as usual?
Lt. Commander
# 574
08-05-2010, 07:04 AM
Content such as the Excelsior and Nebula are not dirrectly bound to the missions or gameplay of Star Trek Online. Therefor, they are are sideprojects which when worked on, take time away from the main development of the game. As we all know: in the harsh business world time is money. C-credits compensate the labour it takes to add additional content to the game, to compensate for costs made which are not a necessity to play the game but rather are gimmicks or extra's which enhance the game. Therefor, paying with real money makes sense. They are in essence very small 'expansion packs' to the game: extra features we can choose to purchase to enhance our experience but which are in no way a must-have for experiencing the gameplay of Star Trek Online. They are not epic-items as Dstahl put it and are not must-haves to stay in competition with other players.
Lt. Commander
# 575
08-06-2010, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodocus View Post
Content such as the Excelsior and Nebula are not dirrectly bound to the missions or gameplay of Star Trek Online. Therefor, they are are sideprojects which when worked on, take time away from the main development of the game. As we all know: in the harsh business world time is money. C-credits compensate the labour it takes to add additional content to the game, to compensate for costs made which are not a necessity to play the game but rather are gimmicks or extra's which enhance the game. Therefor, paying with real money makes sense. They are in essence very small 'expansion packs' to the game: extra features we can choose to purchase to enhance our experience but which are in no way a must-have for experiencing the gameplay of Star Trek Online. They are not epic-items as Dstahl put it and are not must-haves to stay in competition with other players.
Based on this logic right here, (highlighted in red), we should not buy from the C-Store as it will take from bug fixing and mission development.
Lt. Commander
# 576
08-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodocus View Post
So, instead of doing Main Development and Bug Fixes, they are spending the time they would normally be doing main work doing extra work, then charging us for it? How is that fair? We are spending the time your paying us to make content, making different content you asked for and charging for it!
Lt. Commander
# 577 Sad really
08-07-2010, 03:50 AM
These kind of items were exatly the point why some of us were strogly against C-store during the beta phase of the game. Atari is pushing Cryptic to charge us players for items that should be available through normal gameplay for everyone. Funds gathered from C-store may help developing this game a bit but what it mostly does is that it helps shareholders to get bigger wallets.

Only thing what we can really do about this is to keep our opinions loud and civilized and second thing is that as many as possible stop using C-store and pay a recurring montly fee for playing
Lt. Commander
# 578
08-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Tossing the bone of the Excelsior skin free at T3 is meaningless. It's what stats the refit will have, and what stats the Nebula will have, when paid for that will be the issue. Depending on the extensiveness of the Excelsior's declared "transwarp anywhere" ability, it may be buying otherwise-unavailable shortcuts or simply completely worthless. The Nebula's promoted "AWACS" ability, if it even half-assedly lives up to such a label, [i]will/I] have disruptive effects on PvP. The same won't be true for PvE only because NPCs happily stand in line for us to shoot at
Lt. Commander
It's a retrofit, it seems to me we should be able to choose the Excelsior instead of the Defiant or Galaxy.
Lt. Commander
# 580
08-08-2010, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakkar View Post
It's a retrofit, it seems to me we should be able to choose the Excelsior instead of the Defiant or Galaxy.
I suspect that if there's going to be any way to get it in the game at all, it's going to be that, but I'm also sure they're not going to announce that so that everyone who reaches VA before then (in the handful of play-hours it takes from RA5, so I'd expect most RA5 characters that are actually still played) before then will probably blow their token and thus have to pay or griiiiiiiiind.