Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 81
07-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
the galaxy X was bugged but they fixed it about 48 hours after it was on c-store

at the moment it can be claimed on all RA characters under the special unlock tab

make sure you have enough ship space and it will appear in your inventory

if that does not work then send a GM a ticket

all three of my RA characters have the galaxy x
Cool. I'll try again tonight. Right now (as my Sig shows), I only have 2 RA5 characters. I am still leveling my Eng. I really don't want the X for my Sci toon, but this will make a good test. I really want it for my Eng when he hits RA.

Thanks for clearing this up...
Lt. Commander
# 82
07-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800lbGorilla
Cool. I'll try again tonight. Right now (as my Sig shows), I only have 2 RA5 characters. I am still leveling my Eng. I really don't want the X for my Sci toon, but this will make a good test. I really want it for my Eng when he hits RA.

Thanks for clearing this up...
Oh and another thing cryptic allready tried to sell content in another game calling it adventure packs just be warened they prolly gonna try that here to soon...
Lt. Commander
# 83
07-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post
get back to the point if you ppl think its oki to shell out 25bucks for a an ingame skin once a month then you cry about game costing 15 bucks a month , i bet if they raised the price to 20 bucks and month and included all this for free most of the ppl that say its oki for 25 bucks for a ship skin would ditch the game in a heartbeat..
I've been on the forums for 4 months now. I have NEVER cried about buying things on the C-store or the $15 a month for the sub (I actually use the 3-month payment system which is $41 per 3 month period. That comes to a little less than $15 a month). If my purchasing extra C-store points helps to fund more content, I am all for it.

I really like this game. I just wish there were more to do at the RA level. But that is off topic...
Lt. Commander
# 84
07-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
get back to the point if you ppl think its oki to shell out 25bucks for a an ingame skin once a month then you cry about game costing 15 bucks a month , i bet if they raised the price to 20 bucks and month and included all this for free most of the ppl that say its oki for 25 bucks for a ship skin would ditch the game in a heartbeat..
That's because at that point it's their choice. 25 is too much for sure I agree, the galaxy X is so not worth 25, but ill gladly pay 5-10 for the excelcior. And why that's good is it's my choice, nobody who doesn't want to fly it doesn't have to pay a dev to make it
Lt. Commander
# 85
07-13-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.LoveMonkey
That's because at that point it's their choice. 25 is too much for sure I agree, the galaxy X is so not worth 25, but ill gladly pay 5-10 for the excelcior. And why that's good is it's my choice, nobody who doesn't want to fly it doesn't have to pay a dev to make it
We already pay the developers to make content. It's just completely baffling that you're willing to shell out even more money for stuff that you've already paid for!
Lt. Commander
# 86
07-13-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
yeah but well the galaxy x sales help to set the bar thou.... remember the c store was about beeing visial changes only now its rapidly turning into buying content unlocks..
Lt. Commander
# 87
07-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
We already pay the developers to make content. It's just completely baffling that you're willing to shell out even more money for stuff that you've already paid for!
Because it's not stuf I've already payed for, the idea behind the store is that if it wasn't for cstore profits they wouldn't have the cash to make cstore items. Like all the bridge packs for instance, the guy who made them gets his pay from the cstore revenue. The galaxy is way overpriced by a huge margin but other parts of the store I believe are fair.
Lt. Commander
# 88
07-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
yeah but well the galaxy x sales help to set the bar thou.... remember the c store was about beeing visial changes only now its rapidly turning into buying content unlocks..
I will protest the cstore the second they start putting content(missions ect.) on there.
Lt. Commander
# 89
07-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Because it's not stuf I've already payed for, the idea behind the store is that if it wasn't for cstore profits they wouldn't have the cash to make cstore items. Like all the bridge packs for instance, the guy who made them gets his pay from the cstore revenue. The galaxy is way overpriced by a huge margin but other parts of the store I believe are fair.
And that's completely rubbish; the balance is so screwed up. If they're trying to send a message that my subscription fee isn't enough to cover filling in the glaring content holes that we've put up with so far, then really aren't I an idiot continuing to pay it?
Lt. Commander
# 90
07-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Exactly.
Early in the game's history, Cryptic vowed that only cosmetic items would be C Store only, items in the store other than cosmetic would be obtainable in-game without the need to cough up cash for C Points.
This was a falsehood, as the Galaxy X demonstrates.
Again, it's shown that Cash > Integrity.
Anything Cryptic says at this point, on ANY subject or topic, should be taken with a grain of salt, as their vows mean little, as demonstrated.