07-16-2010, 03:26 AM
Any idea when EXACTLY it'll be out?

And I am bummed about the interiors...
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-16-2010, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starvagabond View Post
The Klingons, well personally i think i am going to wait at very least until the end of the year before i start one. The PVP is fun from time to time, but being locked in a constant PVP que... no thanks. I have only now really started to play with the wargames and other PVP content. I'll let the Klingons stew a bit.
An entirely reasonable decision. The Klingons are still (in effect) in paid beta, so I can hardly blame you for waiting until that is no longer the case.

At the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious... the Klingon faction will grow steadily, both from new alt-ing and new players, once we are actually given something to do other than endless and quite limited forms of PvP, and put on a more equal footing with the other faction.

Good repeatable PvE content + some more interesting modes of PvP (such as an open PvP area so we do not have to make do with Ker'rat) = more Klingon players.
Lt. Commander
# 23 thats the problem
07-16-2010, 07:02 AM
this is the problem with you guys. you come out by saying this stuff is coming in season 2 and then you have the longest time frame of knowing when something is coming out. Just pick a date and everyone will wait on such date. if you made a mistake then come out and say there is a delay. You are to disconnected from your community. your website doesnt match your mouths. It is still imcomplete and lacking of information and we have to many peolpe saying one thing while your site says another. By official standards why not just have stages to updates put on the calender. You promised great detail and transparency but thus far you are falling under the curb. Saying one thing and doing something different without explaination is damaging to moral as well as your bottom dollar.
Lt. Commander
Your main web-page says yesterday.... I can't find any info on it though... As a company and someone who is getting paid im sure you should release things when you say you're going to or you should update the wrong information you're providing.....

Do you want to go to the movies when soemthing is supposed to be released, then you get there and it says its playing, but you can't by tickets????

This is a business and I pay monthly. I would like to be provided correct information and get timely updates..... blah.... I hate my membership with STO... The game has been real boring anyhow and I think Ill cancel. Sad I used to love star trek...
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCody
Your main web-page says yesterday....
No, the website says "starting" yesterday. It is a launch window (15th to the 30th July), not a launch date. Just look at the sidebar
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
No, the website says "starting" yesterday. It is a launch window (15th to the 30th July), not a launch date. Just look at the sidebar
Ya, so, on July 31st you can start whining. Otherwise, patience... patience...

http://movies.infinitecoolness.com/21/galaxyquest14.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Seems to be a normal Cryptic thing to forget or mess up fixing a faction or even setting release dates to fixes. But thus far I am far more impressed by what they have done with this game then what they did with City of Heroes. I'm also far more impressed with the fact that they ACTUALLY Released this ga,e unlike the 5 or so other companies that had the rights before them.

So my only complaint.... Why just Starfleet and Klingons? LoL, Can't wait for Season 2!
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-16-2010, 05:21 PM
So when I get to 51 I have to give up my nice looking Soverign for a refit Galaxy? Not really wanting to do that would prefer to keep the Soverign and be able to up that to the next tier
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Greetings!

Season 2 is shaping up and preparing to ship July 27th. The first Season 2 build went up to the TRIBBLE test shard a little over a week ago and we've had several updates since then. We expect to have several more updates before our final Season 2 release build.

As we've been discussing in the Engineering Report - many of the features previously in development are now in internal testing and some are even on the TRIBBLE test shard. However, as with past releases, some features are not ready for release and some we didn't expect to be ready are.

This report will keep you up to date on where we are at for the Season 2 release and what will be wokring on for minor updates shortly after the release.

From Dstahl
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasseo View Post
So when I get to 51 I have to give up my nice looking Soverign for a refit Galaxy? Not really wanting to do that would prefer to keep the Soverign and be able to up that to the next tier
This sort of perfectly reasonable remark is precisely why we need to be able to retrofit *ALL* the iconic ships. Just keep adding retrofits normalised to T5 standards and people can just keep upgrading the gear each time the level cap moves rather then having to lose their beloved ship as a competitive option to fly.

If people want to fly the Sovereign, or the Vor'cha (hint hint) or any of the iconic ships at end-game, why on Earth (or Qo'noS) not let them? More variety, happier subscribers, less 'dead' in-game art. It is a win-win for everyone concerned.